Due to the nature of the recovery process you should not use FDISK or any other partition management software to delete the partition on your Advent computer. Doing so will prevent the recovery from functioning correctly.
Using the HDD Recovery System
Your Advent computer uses the latest recovery system that doesn't require any CDs or DVDs to restore your PC to it's original factory condition.
- There are two ways to start the recovery -
- Restart your computer. Then Press F10 repeatedly until the message "Starting System Recovery" is displayed.
- In Windows by clicking: Start / All Programs / System Recovery / System Recovery.
- The recovery will load and display a box with one option:
- Non-destructive recovery: this option will restore Windows, supplied applications, and drivers. This option will not destroy your documents or programs. These will be backed up along with the registry. These are restored at the end of the recovery process.
To access the recovery options below that erase all data from the computer, click the Advanced button.
- System Recovery - No format: this will reinstall Windows, supplied applications and drivers. It will move your files to a folder called "My old disk structure". Any applications (except those supplied) will need to be reinstalled.
- System Recovery - Quick format: this option will erase your hard drive including your personal files. Windows, supplied applications and drivers will be reinstalled.
- Select the Non-destructive recovery option and press Next.
- You will be informed about System Restore in Windows, click Yes.
- The recovery will begin. Once this is complete click Restart.