Close
Log in or register to post
Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mike123

Cloned Skybox f5 ?

This is a discussion on Cloned Skybox f5 ? within the Skybox F3 - F5 - F6 forums, part of the Satellite category; Is there any way to tell you have a cloned box before ...

  1. #1

    Cloned Skybox f5 ?

    Is there any way to tell you have a cloned box before you start to flash it as I dont want a paper weight ?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbhoy View Post
    Is there any way to tell you have a cloned box before you start to flash it as I dont want a paper weight ?



    I thought ought they box's were clones of the open box

  3. #3
    you can go to skybox.cc and type in the serial number of your box that should give you an idea if it is a clone.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mike123 View Post
    you can go to skybox.cc and type in the serial number of your box that should give you an idea if it is a clone.
    Thank you I will check that out ....also if it's a clone do you flash it with a different file ?

  5. #5
    if it is a clone you will have to go to the person you bought it off for support. normaly the cloned boxes are supported however, you have to know the company who produced it as they have the software on there site.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mike123 View Post
    if it is a clone you will have to go to the person you bought it off for support. normaly the cloned boxes are supported however, you have to know the company who produced it as they have the software on there site.
    Thanks again I might get the hang of all this soon.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mike123 View Post
    you can go to skybox.cc and type in the serial number of your box that should give you an idea if it is a clone.
    Do you know which page on that site?

    I can't find where to type in the serial number.

  8. #8
    you have to scan the qr code this is normaly on the box it should direct you to a site where you can do it.

  9. #9
    When I scan the QR code on my F5s box, it comes up with the skybox.cc website.

    Does this in itself mean that the box is genuine?

    I don't have the box for my F5, so cannot check.

    What's to stop the QR code being copied onto clone boxes?

  10. #10
    if it directs to the cc.website it is supposed to be a genuine box. there is a list of chip numbers on the cc website they are supposed to be for the f5 aswell. try that

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by mike123 View Post
    if it directs to the cc.website it is supposed to be a genuine box. there is a list of chip numbers on the cc website they are supposed to be for the f5 aswell. try that
    The list of chip ID's are for the old openboxes.

    I don't think there is even a way to show the chip ID on an F5 (unless someone knows of a secret menu I don't know about).

  12. #12
    the clone models when you get the qr will normaly direct you to their site. try tools/about then press 8888 for chip ID

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by mike123 View Post
    the clone models when you get the qr will normaly direct you to their site. try tools/about then press 8888 for chip ID
    From all the boxes I have played with, 8888 only worked with my S9/10/11 boxes.

    It doesn't work on X3, F3, F5, or F5s boxes.

    On the Information menu, my X3 does show an OEM ID of 0003, while the F3, F5, & F5s show an OEM ID of 0001. Don't know if this is significant?

  14. #14
    like i said i think if the qr code directs you stright to the site it is fine. i think on the clone versions it directs you to another site.

  15. #15
    Cloned boxes scan will take you to the hddbv...website. my first box was a clone which ive sent back today. The replacement box scan takes me to the skybox website and the menus also set out differently. The boot screen also shows the skybox website url during boot and since updating to the latest skyboxcc firmware I now have a decent epg and working netapps.

    As long as it dont blow up on the 10th reboot I'll be happy

  16. #16

    My box

    My box was a clone box but it seems to work fine. A lot of the features are blocked, it is very annoying, I'm going to sell and get another box.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •