ferguj1

Super Duper Modulator
Staff member
Author: Ludvig Strigeus
Date: 2010-04-24
Size: 313 KB
License: Freeware
Requires: Win 2000/03/08/XP/Vista/7

µTorrent is an efficient and feature rich BitTorrent client for Windows sporting a very small footprint. It was designed to use as little cpu, memory and space as possible while offering all the functionality expected from advanced clients.

Main Features:
- Multiple simultaneous downloads
- Smart bandwidth usage
- File level priorities
- Configurable bandwidth scheduling
- Global and per-torrent speed limiting
- Quickly resumes interrupted transfers
- UPnP support (WinXP only)
- Supports popular protocol extensions
- Localized to different languages
- Typical memory use less than 4 MB
- Incredibly small

:download:
uTorrent

This may be a stupid question but is it safe to run µTorrent now-a-days?? I switched to Vuze a while back and haven't look back for some reason. lol.

Any input on this is welcome. ;)

Thanks to FERGUS for the link and info!!

What advantage do you see in running Vuze (Azureus) over µTorrent? They both support the same Protocol Encryption, if I am not mistaken. And µTorrent is a much smaller app to deal with. But that just shows how little I know about them. I am asking these questions for my own benefit as I continue to use µTorrent, but I am wondering if there is a reason that i should switch.

EDIT: I found this pretty nice comparison for some of the programs in this area. I noticed under the "con" items for µTorrent is lists a known security issue from 2008. I wonder if this is what originally turned you off of it? Although it does say there are not any known issues with the current release, it does make a person wonder. Thanks for the heads up matey. :)

Best Free BitTorrent Client

Last edited:
Yep that's it I'm pretty sure FERGUS. It had something to do with going from 1.6.1 version to the 1.7 version I believe. ;) I'm really looking forward to the 2.0 version and see how that one performs. ;)

What advantage do you see in running Vuze (Azureus) over µTorrent? They both support the same Protocol Encryption, if I am not mistaken. And µTorrent is a much smaller app to deal with. But that just shows how little I know about them. I am asking these questions for my own benefit as I continue to use µTorrent, but I am wondering if there is a reason that i should switch.

EDIT: I found this pretty nice comparison for some of the programs in this area. I noticed under the "con" items for µTorrent is lists a known security issue from 2008. I wonder if this is what originally turned you off of it? Although it does say there are not any known issues with the current release, it does make a person wonder. Thanks for the heads up matey. :)

Best Free BitTorrent Client

Back