0penbox V8s E001 think clone

A friend of mine as asked me to see if I could fix his V8s openbox, E001 fault, looked at previous posts
tried skybox cc and yojiatech. Rs232 download tools, have all cables etc from past years
kyrptview and f5 etc flashed loads of boxes before all these clones started to arrive on the market. He has had his box about 6 months said everying was ok just switched on got to 93 then E001. has anyone got file that I can try. I have tried about 4 files all flash ok then burns, reboots and stops at 93 after about 2 mins E001 shows
ps tried one of the clone files blank no power. this is doing my head in.
glad I got myself an E2 box thought I,d done away with null cables and searching for fu-king clone software hope someone can help. reaper springs to mind,

You need the V8s firmware dated 19/5/2015 plus you need the correct erom upgrade tool for the ali 3511.
Both available on Downloads
Contrary to popular belief, there are no V8s clones so only use correct firmware and upgrade tool or you will totally corrupt the box.[if not already so]
Reaper.

Thanks reaper will give it a go tomorrow going out for a pint tonight had enough today. I knew you would put me on the right track your probably right if it wasn't bricked before
it probably is now, I've given him an old f5 for now at least he can watch some footy tonight thanks once again will report back tomorrow

Hi reaper found the correct erom upgrade tool the ali 3511. But cant find the V8s firmware dated 19/5/2015 only firmware with that date is for v6 that's on the yojiatech site

Thanks reaper flashed will ali 232 tool and above file flashed ok burn ok still the same reboots stuck on 93 then goes to E001
Thanks for your help will give him it back for door stop

Send it to me and I will try for you.
Just return postage charged.
PM for details.
But before you do anything ----try a different psu as the power plugs often go down.
Reaper.

i really need this firmware to , ive just flashed my openbox v8s and got the E001 :(

just needed to post to activate downloads , i hope this works , it all started when i tried to update the channel list and it got stuck on load , so i flashed firmware using cable and got the E001

Last edited:
Hello reaper, I have tried to put your firmware just as it is from usb stick onto my brand new v8s, but I keep getting "Hardware mismatch", please help, thanks. OPENBOX_V8S_3511HD_CMT_150519039D.abs.....I managed to get the box working, I downloaded this and it installed...171254511167.zip

Last edited:
i am also having this error and have previously found the info needed from this site havent logged in for a while and forgot my old details so had to register as now have new email have got my rs232 cable got the drivers installed and hoping i can get somewhere so fingers crossed that i have all i need to get it up and working again with any advice greatfully appreciated

Back