10% Signal Suddenly?

kingy555

Hello all,

I was wondering if any kind soul has any suggestions on how to fix a problem I have suddenly for on my Openbox V8S.

I have had the box for over a year after "upgrading" from a Firebox F3 box. Anyway everything has been fine until yesterday when I turned the box on to find out all of my channels say "no signal". Both FTA and subscription channels say the same. I've done a channel search, checked my line and reset both my box and my internet but with no success. The line I am told is working (I don't think it's the line) and my internet is definitely working. I have noticed that the box says it only has 10% SNR for whatever reason. The LNB cable is defiantlyugged in correctly also.

Has anybody got any other ideas to what the problem could be.

Thank you for your help on this frustration matter :)

Heeeeeeeelp!!

Could be one of 3 things,Dish alighnment,lnb is knacker or the box,Can you try the box at a friends house first,If working ok then go to the dish and lnb and also check cable connections

Hello all,

I was wondering if any kind soul has any suggestions on how to fix a problem I have suddenly for on my Openbox V8S.

I have had the box for over a year after "upgrading" from a Firebox F3 box. Anyway everything has been fine until yesterday when I turned the box on to find out all of my channels say "no signal". Both FTA and subscription channels say the same. I've done a channel search, checked my line and reset both my box and my internet but with no success. The line I am told is working (I don't think it's the line) and my internet is definitely working. I have noticed that the box says it only has 10% SNR for whatever reason. The LNB cable is defiantlyugged in correctly also.

Has anybody got any other ideas to what the problem could be.

Thank you for your help on this frustration matter :)

Heeeeeeeelp!!

Yes, cable connections or lnb. Signal quality is down so these are the most likely culprits.. Dish alignment and/or obstruction (trees in line of sight can be a factor)...

Just had exactly the same no fta or sly channels so slightly adjusted skew on lnb after trying everything else (unplug omg box resetting ccam etc) now all channels back with better signal rate then ever..

Thank you all for you assistance. I'm going to clean and check the dish again at the weekend to make sure nothing has moved/is loose. I looked last night but it was dark so maybe I didn't spot something.

I've tried a reset etc but with no luck.

I've read elsewhere that somebody had the same issue and it was there power cable so I may have to go down that route and purchase a new one.

It seems likely that it may be the LNB though. I know somebody with the same box so first of all I'll borrow his and see if that works. That will then tell me if it's the box that's knackered.

Thank you again all for your help. It's very much apppreciated!

Back