14day EPG source for crossepg and xmltv importer.

siilver

TK Veteran
just wonder if anyone has seen this yet
i was browsing another site (shame on me) and i seen this, dont know why you would need 14 days
but il give it a go

standard scan this morning gave me 83353 events
this one has gave me 215067 events

Yeah saw that and tried it but still found lots of gaps, especially for my region. What you finding when search yours?

First scan only did the first week, as normal and blank after that
so removed old EPG file, rebooted and trying again now.

on his guide he has long description set to 14 day, do you need to set it to that as I have mine on 3 days
i don't really want 14 days, just the name will do me
the file was 10mb

Yes, all there. There's a few gaps but I'm not particularly bothered about what's on VOX Africa in 2 weeks lol

Pretty much pointless having a EPG run for that long, if the provider makes any changes in the meantime it will screw up any recordings for the affected services.

Regardless of how many days your EPG populates for you should have your EPG update every day. Mine has been running perfectly on one box for over three years using a old ViX 3.0 series image (who needs active plugin feeds ??) and it still works as good today as the day I flashed the box. Most of the new images in my opinion are bloated full of shit and just put out to bump the build number.

No doubt my former colleagues over there will disagree with me on that one.

I was looking in openwebif and went in to EPG settings and in there, it had any option for number of days, so changed it to 14 and in epgimporter I left it on 3

it seemed to have worked well it has worked pretty perfect for 11days and checked my n.i region and all good
but I now can't find the downloaded file, so don't know what I have messed up

aye if working perfect no need to upgrade,does downloaded file not save to usb or hdd? rechecked your settings setup.

Mine is set to sd card, but not there
sure one more thing to mess around with

---------- Post Merged at 10:04 PM ----------

Right found it
size down from 10mb to 7.33mb with the 3 day long descriptions on it

When I run the standard uk on, it will save to the sd on my h2s
but when I add the 14day one I have it set to same location, but it doesn't show up there

also I see they are both from the same source file, well they have the same url to a vermin file

Back