2 open boxes problem

Dj1flu2

Hi new to all this but here goes. Hi I bought an open box v8s to go with my open box f5 & im having problems. I’ve have got one in my living room & one in my dining room which both work great on their own. But when I put them both on to a scrambled channel that’s when things go wrong. 1 box will work ok for 15 seconds & the other just freezes for that 15 seconds then they swop over for 15 seconds & it just keeps doing that all the time. Can you help give me some idea what could be wrong please? My setup is 1 open box v8s , 1 open box f5 with a quad sky lnb

Have you got both boxes hard wired to router or wireless ? what is internet speed like

they are hard wired on 160mb virgin media. I have tried setting my boxes on staticdifferent ips & on auto dhcp but no difference.

they are hard wired on 160mb virgin media. I have tried setting my boxes on staticdifferent ips & on auto dhcp but no difference.

Why are you using a Quad lnb??? How are your boxes wired as far as the satallite is concerened? One lnb in each and two spare NOT plugged in?

im using the quad lnb cos that's what was on the dish. Its got 1 lnb to each box and 2 spare. I have tried them on other connections on the lnb but still the same.

Have you tried all the combinations and are you sure they are on the separate lnbs and not like sharing 2 slots from the same lnb port if that makes any sense!?!?!

Just sounds like some interferance but not sure from what??

And you deffo have unique cclines for each box?

What happens when you remove the network cable from one of the boxes when they are both on a $ channel? Does the other box then start working?

This will establish whether it's a signal problem or network problem.

I have tried it with a newcamd.list and one on a cccamd. if I take the network cable out of one the other comes on.

When you say that you have 1 line for each box, do you mean that they are different lines or the same?

If they are the same, does your provider allow multi room connections?

The server is recognising your set up but not allowing usuage for two boxes---check your settings and confirm with your provider that the line is allowed to be used in two boxes.
Reaper.

Hi thanks for all you help, Im managed to get it sorted. It was a problem with the code I bought. they sorted it out now it works great. thanks again

hi there haveing same trouble i am useing a splitter of one sky dish just wonder if would work that way dish is about ten years old thanks for any help

---------- Post Merged at 09:50 PM ----------

hi there haveing same trouble i am useing a splitter of one sky dish just wonder if would work that way dish is about ten years old thanks for any help

Back