2 skyboxes on 1 network lagging each other out

Jargonaut

I have an fs3 and fs5 on a network and sharing a cline as per provider instructions. When either one is connected to the router on it's own they work fine. If I connect both they both go scrambled every few seconds. Physically disconnecting one allows the other to work ok. Any ideas on the cause of this?

as per provider instructions sounds like he said ok??????try reboot box and modem,a number of issues of servers having problems also.

Line provider said it was ok to connect 2 boxes. Gonna have a mess about with rebooting etc now. If it was blocked would the line not go off altogether rather than intermitent albiet very often scrambling?

---------- Post Merged at 09:48 AM ----------

The problem occurs even if one box is shutdown (powered on but turned off with remote). It goes away if I take the power lead out of one.

Another observation, both boxes cause an orange light on the router instead of the usual green when connected together or just one at a time. Is this normal for skyboxes? There is no problem with the ports or cables as I've used them for other stuff no problem or orange lights.

---------- Post Merged at 09:59 AM ----------

Both have DHCP on and have been assigned different IP addresses.

---------- Post Merged at 10:40 AM ----------

Alright, I contacted the line provider and he's given me details for another line which has cured the problem.

Sounds to me your having a Network conflict. your boxes are both trying to use the same ip address on the router you may have to set one up manual to a different ip address on you router.

you can check to see what network ip they are using by going into menu Network setting ethernet Setup. under DHCP the ip address is greyed out but the ip it is using will be visible. If both your boxes are on the same address they will conflict and this is also why your broadband router as a orange not connected light instead of green.

jargonaut in his last post said that they have different IP addresses & that the problem has been cured by a different line.

The orange light on the router means that it's communicating at 10Base-t (10Mb/s). My F5s has always shown an orange light.

Yeah they did have 2 different IP adresses, .01 and .09. Thanks for the tip on the orange light, I wasn't aware of that I thought it might be a fault.

I'm still curious as to why it wouldn't share a line that was meant to be sharable though.

Back