1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3m vga cable issues.

Discussion in 'General PC Chat' started by rob1975, Dec 4, 2017.

1. rob1975

rob1975 Registered

hi im new to this part of the forum, i have a home pc with a wide screen lcd monitor (acer x223w), it is a liitle old but works great for my needs.

my issue is im running it on a 2m vga which came with the monitor, this is short but i have manged to make it work for years now, i have decided to tidy the cable up and need a 3m vga, here lies the problem.

1st i bought a cheap one off ebay, result is shadows of my desktop icons and text etc so no good!
    2nd went for a belkin pro range, result as above so no good
    3rd i got a couple of free ones from pc guy at work, result same as above no good.
    4th purchased a dearer lead a thick bulky startech.com cable and this is the same!!

my 2m cheapy free cable with monitor works great and about 6 various 3m ones are rubbish.
    am i missing something, the monitor is 1680x1050 at 60 hz. im not that tech, is there a set up procedure to help. the monitor has an auto config which doesn't really help.
    im running window xp atm but have a new pc waiting to be put in place once the monitor issue is sorted. (leads the same in that one too?)

sorry this is a bit long winded, thanks for reading and any help appreciated, cheers.