4G to ethernet

Minipug

Hi all,

At work we have a major problem with the internet and are currently paying an arm and a leg for extra lines trying to increase broadband speed. However, we get a good 4G signal so Im trying to convince them to get a 4G phone, large internet bundle and use it for tethering. Ive done a speedtest today on the internet and got 2mb download and 0.5mb upload. On a 4G phone we get 21Mb down and 10MB upload.
But.....
Obviously anything thats wireless wont have any issues connecting to it but how do I get a hub to connect to it so computers (non wireless) can use the 4G?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Minipug

4G is much faster than landline internet at work. 2mb is the max they get. No fibre is available and its quite a way from the exchange.

Fair do's thats unlucky. I'm not so sure if you can do what ur asking but hopefully someone more qualified may answer you in good detail.

jodav :)

We've just had this exact issue at work, thieves stole the cables and disrupted the entire estate. I used my Three 3G dongle in an Edimax 6200nl 3G router (Sorry can't post link yet.).

Used the ethernet out, plugged into the firewall at work and it provided a internet connection but was pretty slow. We did have problems keeping a stable connection but this was probably because everyone was trying to use it at the same time.

Back