4K cable box with recording ability ?

pesser

soo errm i increased my budget (£200) now looking at 4k cable boxs:binoculars:have a single virmin line to the house.

had a quick peak on W.O.S that mutant HD51 looks BANG TIDY ! can it record while watching another channel ?

also do VU have a 4k cable box

Think the mutant is a dual tuner now for your 200 wad only one tuner'for that) becausE VU have released their 4k boxes but they're a lot dearer. You can only run OScam bare in mind.

so with the mutant i can record one channel while watching another. How do these 4k boxs handle Standard & High defintion ?

Yes, watch one channel record the other.
I can't comment on the handling picture quality as I haven't purchased one yet (I've got the previous model)
The few people I've come across have not mentioned anything bad so it's a thumbs up to this receiver ;-)

mutant hd51 way to go on your budget

i do go for vu+ my self

any way
runs oscam and ncam only
unless you put blackhole on

about to buy the mutant :) buuuut can i put in my western digital 2tb my passport ultra hhd in it. Also whats the best flash image for it, w.o.s has four options: factory default, OpenVIX, OpenPLI and OpenATV ?

i swear by openvix mate

i will be shot down as lots like openatv on zegemma

if me i go openvix well supported

also as im cable only what tuner types should i go with currently thinking of both tuners as hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 or should i have the second tuner as satellite DVB-S/S2 ?

if you going cable option get twin cable and 1 sat
as you buying from w.o.s i pay them to put hdd in mate never had a problem with them

i am never gonna have a satellite though.

my 2td hhd is just rotting away

found this
just seen this [video=youtube;Lt3oQ_nN3gk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt3oQ_nN3gk[/video]

no sat get twin cable or triple or what best for you

if you can add your own hdd go for it mate

any problems post back here
great forum great support .

The mutant HD 51 is oscam or mgcamd 1.35 (although I've not tested it on mgcamd)
Any line will go into oscam though

Last edited:
thanx dangerous i though you could but any softcam on any box with vix image do's mgcamd 1.38 not work on mutant hd51 ?? and hove you still got your xtrend et 8500 by the way ???

regards

fether

No, it seems the newer receivers now want you to go into oscam (not all of them)
I'm just about to try mgcamd now buts it's 1.35 not 1.38.
A mate of mine has got the 8500 ;-)

Is there any point of a 4k reciever , do vm lines clear 4k channels ?
Personally I wouldn't buy any receiver thinking you will get 4K, it's too early to say if will will ever see it.

I bought the mutant HD51 because of the internal HDD, 1.7ghz processor and of course its twin cable.

Back