4shared does my head in

Status
Not open for further replies.

david7

why on earth does Tech Kinngs have 4shared, for nearly a year now every file I tried to download I was unable to do so because of 4shared. The same has happened today, I have wasted 3 hours of my life trying to down load from your site. I have had to change my password 3 times for whatever reason, i have no idea.Then they keep telling me my security sttings won't let me download. The same thing happens even when I am on Digital Kaos or any other site. whenever I press Download, 4shared pops up and prevents me. I have tried and did ALL that they asked me to do but it makes no difference. I am ready to take an overdose for they make a simple action impossible. Could you not please get shot of them? I can't spend anymore time and I'm sure I am not on my own. I even joined 4shared but that made no difference either. God help us.

The same has happened today, I have wasted 3 hours of my life trying to down load from your site.

well if you read forum rules, you will see you have to make a post and wait 20/30 mins for user name to turn blue before you can download here at TK.

Read Forum Rules

Thanks for your information put so kindly, but wether it showed up or not I did make a post a year ago, but apart from that, 4shared keeps telling me I can't download and it happens on other sites that I am a member of, but don;t explain why' I even spent nearly a week last year speaking to to them by email asking them to get off my computer and I did every thing they said but it was impossible to shift. and it wasn't in my add or remove programmes, I'm glad you don't have any problems but in stead of being sarcastic you could maybe help. That's what I though these forums were all about , not everyone is an Einstein.

You have made only 2 forum posts here, both today, according to our records you have only just joined 16-02-2011 so I don't see how you made a post a year ago.

Nevertheless. What file are you trying to download.

Just to clarify 1 post is all thats required to download from TK

RULE NO.5 You will have to post once on the forum so that you have the permission to download, please make sure the post is constructive, posts that are pointless or in the wrong sections just to gain the permission will be removed and so will your post count.

Also I don't feel i was been sarcastic, but if people read rules instead of making threads about whats already there, we'd be flying. On siging up you receive an email from admin and rules are there for all to see, People are asked to make one post and suggestions given as where to start ' by introducing yourself'.

anyway I hope the member is sorted now and this thread might help someone else starting of.

Last edited by a moderator:
If a member tries to post a link or image the forum automatically gives them a message before posting telling them to remove there link or image (due to there post count being under a certain amount) before it allows them to post so there is no need to edit the rules.

As for download permissions, in the error message when trying to download it explains this, also in the welcome email AND the welcome pm.

Apart from ringing each member on registration and explaining it to them V..E..R..Y ........ S..L..O..W..L..Y, there's not much more I can do.

Sorry if I offended ANYONE that certainly wasn't my aim. But maybe my reply was also taken the wrong way, for it's not my style or nature to insult or aggravate any person. To any who felt that way, all I can do is say "I apologise" and Hope you take it as genuine. Now, I have to admit I was never into Hi-tech stuff and it amazes me the way some folk can nearly make a P>C> talk on it's own. I know I'll never be that good but I will watch listen and, hopefully learn. I have a daughter in Virginia in the States, who has been battling cancer for 2 years, but she is delighted that I have finally moved myself to try and master this Hi-tech stuff. Well at least be sensible about it when I use it. So, thanks for all your helpful remarks and I will try my very best not upset anyone. Thank you and goodnight.

David no apology needed, we as mods here have a job to do and my post was just to point out that the issue with downloading from here is explained in the forum rules and any correspondence you receive from admin when you sign up.

I would hate for you to think/feel in me carrying out this task that I was been sarcastic ;)

Delighted you have taken the jump into learning new stuff and also a great way to keep in touch with your daughter, enjoy the forums :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back