500s cannot find any sat.

flutered

i bought a 2nd hand one recently, it had a gemini image, when i hooked it up it cound not find a transponder, i then proceeded to flash it with gemini, still no joy, today i flaashed it with open pli, agaain no joy, could it be that the tuner was swapped, how can i check it, thankss in advance.

If you are still having problems come back with all details of your dish, lnb, box and I will try to help you as Dreamboxes are my original toys.
Regards.
Reaper.

thanks for your offer, 85cm dish, quad lnb, two boxes, box one gigablue hd800 se plus, box two black and dreambox500ss, box three black dreambox 500s, box one working perfectly, box two purchased on adverts.ie, it was to be plug and play, it did not work, so i flashed it using dream up, open pli for dreambox 500s all went well according to the to my lappy, that is until it said that no transponders picked up, could not lock on to one, i tried again using flash up the same result.

Hi.
First of all, a common mistake----are you sure it's a 500s and not a 500c [cable]---if certain then follow this set up.
Download latest build of DM500s from open pli site--install using dream-up. [approx 9 mins] ensure you use null modem cable.
Connect to TV and proceed to follow installation ie---language, pal, time until you see sat config---set to single sat [whichever sat your box is to be aligned to ie Astra/eutelsat 28.2 or whatever and always save settings using green button on remote
Now stop and ignore anything else and exit back to beginning---press menu and go to set up, go to satellites then to rotor.
On page ensure "go to XX" not ticked then press blue button on remote for next page --there you will see position, transponder, sat, east--west.
Locate the sat you want to search in the box--[assuming your dish lnb is set to that satellite press store then press blue button again for next page]
At top of page you will see auto scan---install sat you wish and start scan ---when message valid transponder appears go to bottom and start full scan.
If you can get this far come back to me and I will run thru rest of set up.
Don't forget that you need to install your ethernet cable when you connect box up to TV

can you please help me movie channels have gone it says service removed on dreambox 500s i have not got a clue what im doing

can you please help me movie channels have gone it says service removed on dreambox 500s i have not got a clue what im doing

auto scan your box or manully scan movies channels new frequencies then serch in all channels there you saw same channel multiple name check there which were ok add them on your favourite list

Back