A few questions before purchase.

DodgyDave

HI

I am about to pull the trigger on one of these from the forum sponsor as the H2S seems the popular choice. I have done some reading an understand that he only offers support for FTV channels but if I am to flash using Woosh's guide will that invalidate warranty?

Also why does the device only have 10/100Mb ethernet port and not even an inbuilt wi-fi solution? I saw that a compatible wi-fi dongle is only a tenner at most so it isn't a big deal as I have CAT6a ports to the media room but I would have thought a gigabit port would have been standard considering how cheap they are.

My Sky dish has only a single LNB, I understand I will not be able to pause/record live TV whilst watching another channel but will I still be able to use the device to watch IPTV, Sky TV? I assume that I can but will this affect anything when I install Woosh's firmware?

When it comes to Lines it gets a tad bit confusing. What is an N Line, do they all have varying quality, number of people they are shared with?

Thank you in Advance

hi fta legal bit nearly all dishes have only 1 lnb mostly quad ie 4 cable connection's from lnb two cables required to connect box for recording ect Ethernet line good wireless not so good home plugs better n line have a look on the forum to get good advice woosh`s image best for novice your not flashing firmware

hi fta legal bit nearly all dishes have only 1 lnb mostly quad ie 4 cable connection's from lnb two cables required to connect box for recording ect Ethernet line good wireless not so good home plugs better n line have a look on the forum to get good advice woosh`s image best for novice your not flashing firmware

Thanks for your reply.

I had a search for the difference between C and N lines and found this quote:

c line is from a CCcam server
n line is from a Newcamd server

Newcamd takes advantage of cached ecm's too enable faster channel zapping and requesting less fresh ecms
CCcam is an older cam, still very good but can sometimes cause the occasional freezing with N lines

if a receiver supports MGcamd this is always the best option for an n line because it takes advantage of the cache benefits for a smoother better performance

cs101

While any amateur server builder can establish a CCCam server, a professional knowledge is required for a MGCamd system to be structured.

Does the H.2S receiver support MGcamd?

Thank You

Back