A little help needed

Hi folks, new here. Used to be into sat stuff a few years ago. Anyone remember the den and programming cams? :p

Anyway, seems like things have moved on a bit since then.
Looking to get a new box, openbox v8 seems to be the latest as far as i can tell? Can someone in the know point me towards a decent supplier please?
Lots of genuine this and that on fleabay, but you can never be too carefull.

Hoping to revive my old 1.1m dish and motor, but probably needs a new lnb as its been sat in the garden for the last ten years and is now green with slime.

By the way, do these openbox recievers support dish motors? Havent got that far yet.
Any help would be appreciated.

There's lots of boxes to choose from v5s v8s cloud ibox 2 + / se vu solo and many others there all very good boxes.
They all have there good points.

All the boxes support a motorisd slimy dish lol
But like ya say may need a new lnb but all should be good to go.

Hi Webby, thanks for the reply
Just a case of choose one and take pot luck then?

Pity my echostar is out of date, cost me a fortune back then!

Hi Mr M---yes I remember the den very well and you may remember me, I was The Grimreaper then, now just The Reaper. Plenty of cams and cards then, now just firmware updates and lines.
I still have most of my old boxes such as the Mondeal etc and cams eg Matrix.
Anyway to answer your questions---I use an openbox V8s to power a nice old 1.2m dish on a H-H motor using a Technomate 0.1lnb and no problems, also got a Skybox F5s on a motorised 9ocm Triax dish using a quad lnb for the kids, also with no problems.
So for cheapness and ease of operation I recommend going for the V8s at present.
Reaper.

I remember about 10 years ago in spain I used to program cards that looked like pcm boards and have to put a 'crystal' on the board and it had to be programmed every 2 weeks, nightmare! lol

Blimey, its bringing back the memories lol
I think somewhere i still have a card programmer kicking about.

Thanks for the reply. :-)

I still have the programmer/lots of cards including the titanium and loads of other bits hoping for a revival lol
Reaper.

I had the matrix reloaded cam, what a name lol

v8s on order, will need to gather a few more bits and peices up over the next few days. Need to find somewhere to put the dish too.

Many thanks for the replies, exciting to be back in it.

Does this bring back memories? I think I had to close circuits with crystal oscillators. Hard work in those days!
atmel_a.jpg

Never seen anything like that, the card programmer i had was an enclosed thing, serial port on it.
Hardly ever used it to be honest, as when i got the matrix cam, just used to pop it in the laptop, jobs a gooden lol

This was programmed with an old infinity card programmer and where the black chip is I used to have plug in a crystal just to unlock canal + spain, worked in the actual canal+ boxes, no need to buy different boxes

Hi folks, box arrived today, managed to get a program list onto it, but cannot for the life of me figure out how to add a c line
Any help would be appreciated.

Ive tried the tuorial in the sticky thread, but once i have updated with the test there is no menu to edit? Got me stumped.

highlight the network settings icon (dont go into the menu) and press 6666 on remote, a new hidden cam settings menu will appear, you can then manage your file through there

Thanks the reaper for sorting out my dead box! Its working great and got it back after two days, working even better then before! And he only charged me for return postage-top man! Wish there were more people like this around! Cheers

Back