Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggg ggg

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
Not a happy bunny!!

Pc packed up and now NO heating.

We have had a leak in our system for well over a year and finally last night found out where. Typical under the kitchen sink where the heater is which is attached to the central heating. The pipe has a small pinhole in it and pipes valves etc are rusty as hell. Only noticed as water was coming up via the laminate floor - which has now blown totally. Over the last year we have had floor boards up and checked every pipe to every rad - except the heater being as its under the kitchen unit. Hubby thought he would shut off the valves last night - WRONG! that just made it worse so we have no heating today til he can get new flexipipes and valves today. so hes coming home early. Typical it was warm the weekend lol!

Now my pc had just stopped working. Its taken umpteen calls to both John Lewis and Acer and my old joy is to take it to store ( as its got a 2 yr warranty) and for them to send it off, so this time of year ( and what with the weather they are already over a week behind) i could be without my pc til after xmas.
They are as thick as poo!! i explained that it will not power on - what do you think they said - you back it up - WTF?? how can i back it up IF i cant get any power to the darn thing!! If i dont back it up i will lose everything. Problem is its Not actually a problem with the system just the on/off ( power) switch. There is power to it as when i plug in the ethernet cable it flashes and once i can get it on it works perfect.
Its been playing up for the last few days. But by keep pressing the on/off switch on saturday i managed to get it on and if i restarted it was not a problem, so i am sure its just that i have a dodgy on/off switch. Problem being is at its still under warranty i cant jsut take it to my local pc repair shop who could probably fix it in a few hrs, so now got no pc til at least mid jan at this rate and having to borrow other peoples pcs in the house - very inconvenient this time of year.
Oh PLUS apparently i can get all my docs and emails from any pc??? yup all my saved emails on my email client on my pc i can pick up from any pc anywhere as they are all on a server. erm NO they are SAVED on my pc not the server, they are saved in a saved file! Anthing that is on my pc i cannot access due to not getting any power - god how difficult to understand is that lol!

Yes being as i have a home network when my pc is on i can get anything from my pc to another pc BUT it has to be connected.
Problem is these idiots read from a script - which if you confused them by telling them something that is not in their script then you know nothing!!
I may be blonde but i do know a little about pcs and i have you guys to help! So tomorrow morning its off to the mall to John Lewis - in the christmas shopping traffic, i have got to get to the mall AND find a parking space near the store

OK rant over and now ..................................................... to the wine cellar lol!!!! God i think i need a drink lol!

not good linny, the weather is going to turn bloody cold again by the end of the week, pc going funny, thats 2 out of three whats going to go tits up next.

GRRRR! bloody laptop jsut pressed the wrong key and deleted my post lol!

Oh Dee im not having a good time! If i could get the stupid pc to switch on then at least i could leave it on permenantly til after xmas. So ive now had to set laptop up on my desk, move my screen keyboard etc. Luckily its picking up the modem and router wirelssly so at least we got internet even thought neither are connected to the the pc. Thankfully even the printer is wireless now - thanks to me changeing the seetings a week or so ago.
But its all my emails ive been sending etc on my pc - unless people reply i cant get to them as they are either in my in box opened or sent/saved box on that pc, cant get to them on the virmin server - ive looked! and all my docs christmas list ect all saved on the bloody pc.
Im gonna try n plug the External HD onto this and see if i can gain accesss to anything.

that does`nt sound fun, im crap on a computer as we all no, so the other takes care of all that, all i have saved on here is the standard letter to my friends the CSA and add at will.

ive pulgged in the external But for some reason its showing loads of stuff dated 2005 and 2009 but nothing for 2010. the drive is a 1tb but i have only got 356gb left as i seem to have used 572 gb of space but have no idea what it all means???? so although i THINK everything is auto backed up im not sure due to dates etc.
think i need a few lessons in how to back up and exactly what it means.

now to top it off im doing more Panto's that i wanted to due to them being short staffed coz some of the bloody ushers only want to do 1 or 2 pantos But we have 2 preformances 7 days a week over 6 weeks! I know its a voluntrey job, but some of them only want to do shows they wanna see, but unfair as ther eare over 150 ushers and its the same ones that offer to help and do extra when they are short. Ok so we dont get paid BUT we do get to see the show AND get vouchers for free tickets to ANY show thats on!

the people who won`t to work hard always get shat on, the harder you work the less they think of you even though you do it for free they exspect that bit more.

just post in the general chat thread DEE`S how to post a picture H started it, im going to need info on backing up as my pc keeps telling me to do it.

God you are having a bad day Linny.I am so sorry for you.I am Heading to the bar,will leave a drink for you.Enjoy;)

thats not a bad day linny, thats a nightmare, you should wake up any time soon lol

well heating is fixed thanks to hubby but the heater in the kitchen must have been leaking for over a yr - its rusty as hell and hes managed to get off one of the pipes he cut but other pipe is so tight due to rust etc. So no heat in kitchen, but hey thats nothing. Good thing is ( not sure if i mentioned it) that we know that when Crystal went missing she had plenty to drink as we know know where she was getting her water supply from :( so one good thing - the leak probably saved her life! So something good has come out of it. Its just getting my pc to switch on now!

Oh forgot to mention the new xmas lights i bought last week - they just stopped working the weekend and had to take them back to M&S and they have no more :(

look you know me by now if i complain that somethings gone wrong its not just 1 thing lol its a complete disaster area. LOL my life seem to be a bit like the soaps Full of Drama lol!!
Sometimes i wished we had never moved coz we seem to have had nothing but nightmares over the last 5 yrs since we moved into this house!

well linny40 things are looking a bit confusing and annoying for you . well its a good job its almost christmas
Good will to all eh!! well i will wish you all the best for christmas and the new year . Best wishes Wally.

the message seems to be. . . . . .AVOID KENT . lol, and if you do pass through, don't ask directions from the mad lady running up and down the street with christmas lights wrapped round her head, shouting things about technology and plumbers LOL

your house is posessed with ghosts determined to drive you out lol

now that is a mother of all days, i've had a stressful week and its not over!!!

but compared to you its nothing, xmas is coming up so your experiencing problems before that which doesnt help

oh honestly peeps be glad when 2010 is over lol!

Next week should be less stressful in some respects but more stressful coz its christmas week and lots to do PLUS if we do get the snow - it will just make things worse lol!
I have now got about a week to finish christmas and that means buying and wrapping. Im working tonight 2mora nite and saturday afternoon at Panto then last panto next thursday and thats it, food shopping in between then thats me Sitting feet up by the tree with a BOX with MY NAME on it LOL!!!
Dont suppose Santa is reading this coz if he is i WANT MY PC BACK!!! LOL!!!

oh 1 other thing i forgot to mention - i got a parknig ticket back in Oct that i have appealed against 3 times - BUT all the ruddy emails are on the "pc" and they havent bothered to email me back to say What they have decided to do accept my appeal or not. Last time i got an email from them 3 weeks ago they told me i had to pay £100 ( yup i appeals within the timeframe yet the fee doubled coz i had not paid it within 14 days, but they give you cr^p they althought i appeal but they didnt bother to answer they i should have paid it)

their excuse for not contacting me was i did not supply them with a postal address , erm they had my phone number, email address - which they replied to to tell me they didnt have my address - so why couldnt they have asked for it?? , PLUS they somehow managed to send me a letter to owner - so how did they get the address for that???? Full of BS!!!!!! so am i to assume ( i know i shouldnt) that as they have still not contacted me that the ticket has been closed! They expect you to contact them within a set time but they dont bother to do same back! and they wonder why we complain. I got a parking ticket on a sunday saying i was parked in a restricted street, mmmm funny how no other cars that sunday got a ticket, oh and its a residential street and i was NOT on a yellow line GRRR and double GRRRRR

ok peeps gonna take me chill pill now LOL!!!

Back