1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ABM 2.1 not working or updating

Discussion in 'General Cable TV.' started by Afriendtoall, Dec 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Afriendtoall

Afriendtoall Registered

My ABM stopped functioning normally recently (tuning failed fatal) and I wasn’t able to update the config files (incompatible versions). So I deleted ABM now all my channels have dissapeared and I can’t get them back, can anyone help? I’m a noob when it comes to all this stuff. My box is edision OS mini + and running openVIX 4.2. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

By the sounds of it your on an outdated image and box would need to be reflashed with a newer image.Deleting abm only means your bouquets are gone but your all list should work if you also scanned your box.
    I would be saving your working line and cfg file to laptop so one can send it back when reflashed.

3. Willo3092

Willo3092 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    East Midlands
    I'm amazed it's worked as long as it has. ViX 4.2 finished almost 2 years ago

4. siilver

siilver TK Veteran

And people say if it works don’t fix it

Well it worked for a long time, but I’m sure you haven’t been getting the best of it

Willo3092 likes this.
  5. Afriendtoall

Afriendtoall Registered

Thanks will try this, anyone know where I can get the newest version of open Vix not really sure where to look for it. Also it’s been a long time since I flashed my box so do I need to put new software on usb stick then put in box and power on to reflash?

6. ianw314

ianw314 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    {Finance
    Singapore
  7. Afriendtoall

Afriendtoall Registered

Managed to sort it after a few hours later, didn’t know my box had an inbuilt image updater! Wish I’d of known that before I started lol one last question does any know what the area code is for Virgin Bolton BL2? My box is still on Manchester where I don’t live anymore

8. pabloescaban

pabloescaban TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    {builder
    Bolton: 41060

9. Afriendtoall

Afriendtoall Registered

Thanks mate appreciate it