1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ABM Not switching channels

Discussion in 'Enigma2 - Plugins' started by Xiaomi, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Xiaomi

Xiaomi Registered

Hi,

I'm running OpenATV on a Mutant HD51. I've got a multiswitch feeding 9.0E and 28.2E into both tuners of the Mutant.

I've got ABM to generate the 9.0E and 28.2E EXAMPLE files and I then created a custom mix for the 28.2E list which brings in the 9.0E channels.
    However, what happens is that no tuner is selected when I key in the channel number of the 9.0E channels. I can see from the info bar that 9.0E is the selectd satellite.

I can watch the 9.0E channels by selecting them via TV -> Providers and accessing them this way.

What is preventing the Mutant from selecting a tuner in this instance? One thing is that I had to set up a satellite myself overwriting the built in 9.0E tuner for Saorsat as it was not picking up a signal. Noone I know of uses the setup in the Satellites.xml.

I must have missed an update of something - any idea what I've overlooked?

Thanks.

2. siilver

siilver TK Veteran

Can’t see abm really doing anything with it
    Well I don’t think

I have a motor setup
    But I use a custom bouquet files and switch just fine
    On atv 6.2

3. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

I used abm on my motorised setup with a downloaded vhannibal bouquets and had issues.
    I bet if you rebooted box you can get other options.

4. siilver

siilver TK Veteran

I don’t use plugin settings
    None of the bouquets I really like
    So I do it myself. More messing around

5. Xiaomi

Xiaomi Registered

Tried the reset and picked up nothing else.
    What is the best way to resolve this

6. Xiaomi

Xiaomi Registered

The channels work individually on both satellites. it is only when i try to use the bouquet and custom file that it goes wrong.
    Is it possible that I've missed a reference to the ka-sat that needs to be removed ?

If it can't be resolved here are there any other forums dealing with abm?

7. Xiaomi

Xiaomi Registered

Just spent some time playing about with it tnoight.

With the 'fake' 10.765GHz, 25,000, V, 2/3, DVB-S2, QPSK transponder and the Mutant tuner setup pointed to 'Universal LNB' I can get a signal and I can get access to the channels via the provider list.
    My update for this to satellites.xml looks like:

Code:
    [ Only registered users can see the bbcode. Click Here To Register... ]
    This allows me to get a response using the signal finder and it allows me to obtain and view all Saorsat channels.
    However, the Saorsat generated bouquet from ABM will not work - even though it looks correct. All channels are greyed out/

I was on the OpenVix website and the ABM authors were responding (huevos I think) and they refused to help after they learnt I was using OpenATV.

I tried their recommendation of using KA-SAT LNB setup, but there is no signal to be found using it.

I've generated a satellites.xml file from https://satellites-xml.eu/ and I found that the setup of KA-SAT for Saorsat transponder is incorrect:

Code:
    [ Only registered users can see the bbcode. Click Here To Register... ]
    The polarisation setting is 0 - which is horizontal. When using 20.185 frequency you then need to use the Left Circular polarisation setting - which is 2. I updated this in the satellites.xml and FTP'ed it to my Mutant.
    However, I suspect that there is something wrong with the internal setup of the definition of KA-SAT within the OpenATV image which is inhibiting it from picking up the signal.
    How can I check this setup?

As an aside, I thought that by using the 10.765 transponder setup it would sidestep this problem. However, for some reason ABM does not seem to like it, even though that it generates a bouquet for Saorsat which is correct in its appearance. I suspect that there is still something within ABM which is pointing to the KA-SAT LNb which I have not been converted to the Universal 10.765 transponder setup.
    Any ideas as to where this is or would it be something within the ABM itself which I cannot modify? The output example files for Saorsat do not have any KA-SAT references that I can see.

Any help appreciated - or even a pointer to somewhere that can assist.

8. Xiaomi

Xiaomi Registered

Any possibility that the issue is due to the Example file being generated as EXAMPLE_hd_sat_0090_saorsat_CustomLCN despite the position being 92?
    I would have expected that the Example file in this instance should be generated as EXAMPLE_hd_sat_0092_saorsat_CustomLCN.

This was previously an issue I pointed out and it was corrected, but I've only noticed now that the file name is not aligning. Could this be an issue with ABM?

9. Xiaomi

Xiaomi Registered

I've noticed in the providers list (via TV button on Mutant remote) there is 9.0E Providers and another one entitled Eutelsat 9B/Ka-Sat 9A Providers. The first contains active channels, the second are all greyed out.

10. Xiaomi

Xiaomi Registered

Can anyone on here provide a response or point me to a forum where I can get an answer?

Thanks.