About Analogue channels on my TV

ltd1991

I'm sorry if this isn't in the right section, but I couldn't find where to post it.

Basically I'm trying to reconnect the wire from the aerial on top of my house to my TV just to get basic channels but my TV is not picking anything up. The wire was cut and I have reconnected it to another piece of aerial cable so I thought that's what the problem was, but then I connected the wire to a freeview box and got all of the channels no problem.

My TV is a 10 year old Samsung HD LCD TV and it does not have DTV built in, so is only able to get analogue channels without a freeview box. But the analogue channel are all I want and need.

So why is it that my freeview box can receive the signal and get all the channels but my TV doesn't when I'm simply searched for analogue channels? I would just use the freeview box but it doesn't belong to me and it's just bothering me anyway. I can't see how it would work receiving digital channels but not analogue channels directly through the TV's antenna slot.

Please move this to the right section if needed, just after a bit of help then it could even be deleted.

most aerials on houses now are digital so it could be that you have an old aerial on your house and needs to be renewed I could be wrong

There are no analogue transmissions any more.

The last analogue transmitters were switched off over 2 years ago!

I see, so I definitely do need to use a freeview box then. Thanks for your help, seems such a simple solution but I have searched my problem on google but nothing came up. You would think it would.

A new Ariel is not going to help an analogue tv freeview box for a tenner or so or a new tv which will most likely have built in freeview anyway but don't get new Ariel pointless as it clearly works for your existing freeview box.

hi ltd1991, barry boom is right about the ariel .when digital first came out we were told we might need a new ariel one with a red stopper or a blue stopper on the end of the ariel but we later found out it wasn't necessary ,we've connected my sons freeview box to our ariel and that must be about 20 year old ,drive

There is no such thing as a digital aerial it's a marketing scam a lot of rouges try to trick people with this.

What it sounds like is you need to replace the cable from aerial to the point of your tv in the house and then as suggested get a freeview box or tv with it built in (I would say just go pickup a very cheap freeview box)

Back