advice needed re: update for flashed xbox360

biffo122

My Hitachi drive is flashed and I got a loan of a game "orcs and men"
When I go to start game, it asks for update.
Should I update and will this effect my flashed drive?

I don't use Xbox live and don't intend to use it, I have gone to the ms site and downloaded the latest version of update for Xbox 360. I intend to put this onto a pendrive and install it that way. Any advice before I do this would be appreciated.

Latest update didn't reflash my drive. Ive got an unlocked pcb in a liteon 0225. Lt-3 still working for me. Would flash back to stock before any online update if i were you. Which dash are you currently on?

Hi all, thanks for help so far.
I went into system info on xbox360. here is what was there:
D: 2.0.14719.0 K:2.0.14719.0 (BK: 2.0.1888.0)
E: 0401-E5AA-5BC5-EB53
X: 829E-29C7-5A67-4BDA

The Latest download is no. 15574

Should I try this update without reflashing (dont want to reflash if possible)

The dash update that flashed the drives was 2.0.13146.0. Since your on a later dash you should be ok. You can check on c4evaspeaks to check the status of your drive version and what firmware you should be using. The latest update you downloaded from ms is already out of date as a new dash was released today, with the app for internet explorer amongst other things.since you never intend on using live then go ahead and update. Internet explorer works quite well actually.definitely need to get a chatpad now.

Thank you axxxo for the help, just an update, I downloaded dash 15574 onto pendrive and installed it onto my xbox360 with hitachi flashed drive which is on lt2.0 and the game "orcs and men" worked ok. thanks again for all the help. I'm still cannot play xdg3 games on this drive but thats another days work. Cheers

Back