ET 8000 HD Advice Needed Tivo HDD will it fit into a Xtrend ET 8000 Box

LennyHan

Hi Guys I have a spare VM Tivo box can I take the HDD from it and put it into a Xtrend ET-8000 box
will it fit. I've not opened up the Tivo box yet so not sure what kind of HDD is in there I know its a
1TB

Thanks in advance for any advice

I have the xtrend et8000......great box it will take either 2.5 or 3.5 sata drive

your VM drive should work ok as you initialise it from the menu system so any data will be wiped off

hope it helps

blue

edit.... unless your VM drive is ide

Last edited:
no dont think it will work as this one says its an ide and you want sata
[video=youtube;mRuSZHq92kM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRuSZHq92kM[/video]

Thanks guys looks like Ill be buying a HDD
Great video cactikid

---------- Post Merged on 14-03-2016 at 12:45 AM ----------

Are these boxes easy to setup bluepassat. Not got mine yet doing my homework first
on how to set them up. I'm only going to go the cable root twin cable tuners so i can
record.

Going for the openvix ready installed via WOS so I'm guessing all Ill have to do
is setup using Bees Guide How to setup an E2 combo box with vix image.
Is this the root you went or you more advanced with this kind of stuff.

Last edited:
not sure but this may work
2.5" Hard Drive HDD 22PIN SATA female to IDE 44Pin Converter Adapter

Code:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-5-Hard-Drive-HDD-22PIN-SATA-female-to-IDE-44Pin-Converter-Adapter-for-Laptop-/151367533267?hash=item233e3542d3:g:1g4AAMXQfvlSjSnc

Are these boxes easy to setup bluepassat. Not got mine yet doing my homework first
on how to set them up. I'm only going to go the cable root twin cable tuners so i can
record.

Going for the openvix ready installed via WOS so I'm guessing all Ill have to do
is setup using Bees Guide How to setup an E2 combo box with vix image.
Is this the root you went or you more advanced with this kind of stuff.

yes very easy you get the cables for the hard drive in the box and the screws for the bracket

checkout the openvix site lots of tutorial videos on how to setup EPG add picons etc

I have the twin satellite setup

I have changed my boot up screen (lots of choice)

installed kiddac excellent slyk HD skin (customised the look)

using MK excellent picons

ITV Player

regards blue

Last edited:
Hi, sorry for a noob question here. Are there recommended HDD's for recievers. Im thinking of purchasing the ET8000 and seems cheaper to get a 1tb hdd myself and install r/t purchase the ET8000 with a HDD installed. Seen a Seagate 1TB on Amazon for good money. are there any compatibility issues i should be aware of? Im ok with building PCs etc but this is my first forray into Satellite Receivers

Hi, sorry for a noob question here. Are there recommended HDD's for recievers. Im thinking of purchasing the ET8000 and seems cheaper to get a 1tb hdd myself and install r/t purchase the ET8000 with a HDD installed. Seen a Seagate 1TB on Amazon for good money. are there any compatibility issues i should be aware of? Im ok with building PCs etc but this is my first forray into Satellite Receivers

As long as its sata then it will be fine, yes wos are a little overpriced when it comes to HDD but maybe thats because they are charging to install and initialize it? I've used the seagate pipeline drive out of old skyHD boxes in the past without issue

Thanks Gman, I'm assuming the extras are for install alright. Think I'll be fine doing it myself though

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back