Advice on setup

dannyuk

Currently have a Skybox F5 aswell aswell a proper sky hd box. I'm only using the skybox f5 to watch the footy on the weekends so its unplugged for majority of the time.

Its a pain though taking one of the satellite cables out of the sky hd box & connecting up the skybox f5 evey time I want to use it & then swapping it back. So, is it possible to buy one of these 3-way satellite F-splitters, having two of the cables going into the back of the sky hd box & the 3rd into my skybox f5???

I'm assuming I would need to have the skybox f5 turnd off though to watch tv on my sky hd box aswell?

Know absolutely nothing about this so any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

If you have a standard shotgun cable, a 2 way splitter should do.

But yes it should work, assuming only one box is switched on at a time

If both are on at the same time you will get a no signal message at one of the boxes

have a read here

Last edited:
Hi, if you have a quad LNB, (4 outputs at the dish), you could run another cable from the dish to your F5.

Thanks for the help so far.

@bees - Yes i have a sky installed shotgun cable. Will have a look at these 2 way splitters. Also seen few ppl mention smart priority switches (SPS1) and manual A/B switches. By the sounds of it all of these options should work? Although the SPS1 doesnt seem to be available any more

@Mickry1 - Unfortunately i live in an apartment (should of really mentioned this) so not even sure where the shared dish is.

think ahead if its another room run a twin feed in not one as you might get a twin tuner box in later??

I have a cloud ibox and a sky hd box running in my living room. The sky hd box is set to single feed, with the lnb going into dish input 1 at the back. I've had no problems with this set up, no 'no signal' messages.

Back