Am I the only one that doesn't update?

grog68

VIP Member
TK Supporter
I keep seeing posts about updates not working etc and I was wondering if I am the only one that doesn't do updates?

I update Wooshbuild when they come out and obviously IPTV now and again but i don't do other updates. I think if it works dont fix it.3

I haven't bothered running updates for ages now
After seeing the random issues people are having lately its not really worth it
Only thing I wish I could sort out is not being able to remove plugins

I haven't even upgraded to the latest Wooshbuild.I am still on V4 and it has worked smoothly from day 1 I installed it 6 months ago.I am an if it aint broke dont try to fix it bloke and until I have no choice,I am happy to keep it on my trusty Zgemma.I always update IPTV on the channels I watch but it takes under a minute daily.I dont do plug in installs as I want to keep my boxes memory as low as possible.

I was doing software updates but now my clock on the LED display is goosed (which I used all the time), so as soon as they release a fix for that (I assume they'll release one?) then I don't think I'll bother with software updates again, other than updating Wooshbuild itself.

Just had a look, got 60 updates pending and feed status is red
Wouldn't advise anyone to do updates for a few days hehe

If your running an older 5.3, it won't update, but if you flash a newer 5.3 you can update no problem

someone put up the problem but I can remember what it was
I think it was willo or dslayer put it up

---------- Post Merged at 12:46 PM ----------

Oh is the status now red?

yea just checked the site, yea it's red, wonder what's up now

A few people have posted that one of the new updates has made the clock display go funny/not update right
Can't see that being the reason they have set the status to red though

Hmm weird something is up
as the light has been Amber for a good while now

i updated yesterday morning no problem at all, was going to do this morning but didn't have time.
moght have been lucky.

maybe 5.4 or 6.0 ohhh

I found that If you dont keep your ATV build upto date....when you do finally go to update it there can be too many for the box to handle & you need to start over with a fresh image, I did get caught out by the older 5.3 install so made a new image last week, I update my boxes everyday to keep it current & have very few issues

Last edited:
I used to update all the time. I used to love the fun of seeing what has it broken this time. But that was when I was in my learning stage. Break it. Fix it.

Best advice I can give, is read all the various sections of this forum. It's always obvious when there are bad updates about and there seems to be a few at the moment.

To be honest I haven't updated for months. And I still use the backup image in my dropbox now and again as thats a solid backup. I think thats dated June or July.

I also faff that much, it's better for me to just reflash a fresh new image when I am due a software update. But not everyone is comfortable doing that.

no don't bother updating meself. got me box to how I want it so don't see any point, old saying if it aint broke don't fix it!

I.m similar to most on this thread, when I had my last box (SF8) I jist let it ride, and never updated. But since I got my H2S, I frequently get asked to try stuff out for Wooshman and Benijofar, so they can be sure it works in all regions, how quickly a flash can be done and things like that, so I am constantly reflashing/ updating/ adding/ subtracting (I say constantly, but I may exagerate a little)
My motto was to leave it until it is broken, but now, like Kiddac, I have a rock solid backup from earlier in the year that I can fall back on if needs be.

I like to update, just to see if there is anything new, getting an update to openwebif was nice
but not much chances I live in hope mind

Back