1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMIKO Mini HD Combo - firmware upgrade problem .bin vs .abs files?

Discussion in 'General Cable TV.' started by RatMan123, Dec 15, 2016.

1. RatMan123

RatMan123 Registered

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone can help? I have an AMIKO Mini HD Combo box that is about 2 years old and needs an upgrade. I have downloaded the firmware which has a .abs file extension however the USB upgrade option on the menu is looking for a .bin file.

Am i missing something?

Thanks,
    Darren.

2. bees

bees VIP Member

I have always used files ending in ".emu"

I will send you a PM to link you to some firmware.

Tried but your inbox is full :willy nilly:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  3. RatMan123

RatMan123 Registered

Hi Bees,

Thanks for you thread reply and sorry my inbox was full - I've just cleared it up.

Thanks,
    Darren.

4. bees

bees VIP Member

No problem, re sent it :thumbsup:

5. RatMan123

RatMan123 Registered

Hi Bees,

Thank you for the link. I have downloaded the software and unzipped it and notice the file has a .ABS extension. This is my problem. When I select the USB upgrade option on my box, it is expecting a file with a .BIN extension and won't even list the .ABS file as an option.

Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks,
    Darren.

6. alan36

alan36 Registered

Hi I just bought an amiko can u give that link for firmware putting VM on it tanks

7. gravehead

gravehead TK Veteran

{stonemason
    Ratman i'd send you my lavatronics firmware but it ends in .abs, i've sent it to a few people and its always worked for them
    have you had a look at bees tutorial for amiko mini combo HD it might help - amiko-mini-hd-combo-tutorial

8. alan36

alan36 Registered

Tanks for reply img I can't find the firmware and vm skin it says I need at start of tutorial can u point me in right direction please

9. gravehead

gravehead TK Veteran

{stonemason
    If you PM me your email address I will send you the firmware tonight and I don't think you can put VM skin on an Amiko, but not 100% sure

10. RatMan123

RatMan123 Registered

Ha! A word of warning... don't for one moment consider renaming the firmware extension from .ABS to .BIN just because your box is looking for a bin file - whilst it appears to flash the box, it also bricks the box :no no:

11. alan36

alan36 Registered

Hi setting up amiko but when I go to upgrade by usb it says client receiver in different mode anyone know how to fix

12. alan36

alan36 Registered

Does anyone know what client receiver in different mode means on amiko please

13. alan36

alan36 Registered

I bought an amiko mini combo but when I go to upgrade by sub it says client receiver in wrong mode so Iv had enough an am dumping in th bin

14. alan36

alan36 Registered

Have decided to cut my losses an dump this heap of kick cause it keeps saying client receiver in different mode an no one seems to have any info absolute nightmare

15. bees

bees VIP Member

Follow the guide linked in post #7

I will PM you a link to the firmware.

16. alan36

alan36 Registered

Hi pal can u tell where I would find symbol rate and net I'd tanks

17. gravehead

gravehead TK Veteran

{stonemason
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  18. RatMan123

RatMan123 Registered

OK - here's an update.

From ebay I purchased a programming RS232 cable to 3.5mm jack and also a USB to RS232 cable (as my PC doesn't have a native RS232 port). These allowed me to dump a firmware upgrade onto the bricked Amiko which in turn allowed an USB upgrade HOWEVER this time it allowed me to use an ABS file. Finally I have a working Amiko Mini HD Combo with firmware revision EMU 1.6.03. I have been impressed that the AMIKO box withstood my abuse of multiple firmware attempts and survived.

It took a few days but eventually ended up with the latest firmware working!

19. alan36

alan36 Registered

Got firmware but can't get any channels now

20. RatMan123

RatMan123 Registered

Hi Gravehead,

Thanks for your message and kind offer to help.

My issue was very strange and no end of Google searches found anyone with a similar issue i.e., that my USB upgrade menu wanted a .BIN file. It has taken a few days but I eventually fixed it by flashing the firmware with a RS232 cable and the box now works fine. The new firmware also has a USB upgrade menu that is looking for a .ABS file, so my issue must have been an oddity in the firmware that was supplied when I bought the box. Very odd but it seems all sorted now.

Again thanks - Darren.

---------- Post Merged at 07:14 PM ----------

Hi Alan,

These are pretty easy to set-up and perhaps I can help. Can you describe to me what set-up you're trying (Sat or Cable or both) and how far you're getting? I'll do my best to help?

Thanks,
    Darren.

---------- Post Merged at 07:15 PM ----------

Hi Alan,

These are pretty easy to set-up and perhaps I can help. Can you describe to me what set-up you're trying (Sat or Cable or both) and how far you're getting? I'll do my best to help?

Thanks,
    Darren.