AMIKO Mini HD Combo - firmware upgrade problem .bin vs .abs files?

RatMan123

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone can help? I have an AMIKO Mini HD Combo box that is about 2 years old and needs an upgrade. I have downloaded the firmware which has a .abs file extension however the USB upgrade option on the menu is looking for a .bin file.

Am i missing something?

Thanks,
Darren.

I have always used files ending in ".emu"

I will send you a PM to link you to some firmware.

Tried but your inbox is full :willy nilly:

Last edited:
Hi Bees,

Thanks for you thread reply and sorry my inbox was full - I've just cleared it up.

Thanks,
Darren.

Hi Bees,

Thank you for the link. I have downloaded the software and unzipped it and notice the file has a .ABS extension. This is my problem. When I select the USB upgrade option on my box, it is expecting a file with a .BIN extension and won't even list the .ABS file as an option.

Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks,
Darren.

Tanks for reply img I can't find the firmware and vm skin it says I need at start of tutorial can u point me in right direction please

If you PM me your email address I will send you the firmware tonight and I don't think you can put VM skin on an Amiko, but not 100% sure

Ha! A word of warning... don't for one moment consider renaming the firmware extension from .ABS to .BIN just because your box is looking for a bin file - whilst it appears to flash the box, it also bricks the box :no no:

Hi setting up amiko but when I go to upgrade by usb it says client receiver in different mode anyone know how to fix

I bought an amiko mini combo but when I go to upgrade by sub it says client receiver in wrong mode so Iv had enough an am dumping in th bin

Have decided to cut my losses an dump this heap of kick cause it keeps saying client receiver in different mode an no one seems to have any info absolute nightmare

OK - here's an update.

From ebay I purchased a programming RS232 cable to 3.5mm jack and also a USB to RS232 cable (as my PC doesn't have a native RS232 port). These allowed me to dump a firmware upgrade onto the bricked Amiko which in turn allowed an USB upgrade HOWEVER this time it allowed me to use an ABS file. Finally I have a working Amiko Mini HD Combo with firmware revision EMU 1.6.03. I have been impressed that the AMIKO box withstood my abuse of multiple firmware attempts and survived.

It took a few days but eventually ended up with the latest firmware working!

Hi Gravehead,

Thanks for your message and kind offer to help.

My issue was very strange and no end of Google searches found anyone with a similar issue i.e., that my USB upgrade menu wanted a .BIN file. It has taken a few days but I eventually fixed it by flashing the firmware with a RS232 cable and the box now works fine. The new firmware also has a USB upgrade menu that is looking for a .ABS file, so my issue must have been an oddity in the firmware that was supplied when I bought the box. Very odd but it seems all sorted now.

Again thanks - Darren.

Ratman i'd send you my lavatronics firmware but it ends in .abs, i've sent it to a few people and its always worked for them
have you had a look at bees tutorial for amiko mini combo HD it might help - amiko-mini-hd-combo-tutorial

---------- Post Merged at 07:14 PM ----------

Hi Alan,

These are pretty easy to set-up and perhaps I can help. Can you describe to me what set-up you're trying (Sat or Cable or both) and how far you're getting? I'll do my best to help?

Thanks,
Darren.

Got firmware but can't get any channels now

---------- Post Merged at 07:15 PM ----------

Hi Alan,

These are pretty easy to set-up and perhaps I can help. Can you describe to me what set-up you're trying (Sat or Cable or both) and how far you're getting? I'll do my best to help?

Thanks,
Darren.

Back