1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Android box frozen.

Discussion in 'Kodi - Android box - Firesticks - MXQ' started by Willzy7, Mar 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Willzy7

Willzy7 Registered

Can anyone in here lend a hand I’ve got a t95z android box, it’s been running fine powered it up just now and it’s stuck on the boot up screen. Is there anyway to reboot it or to install fresh software?

2. Willo3092

Willo3092 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    East Midlands
    Is this since you attempted to unroot it? ;)

There's usually a way of factory resetting Android boxes.
    Just google the model and factory reset.

3. Willzy7

Willzy7 Registered

I tried the unrooting not sure fin it worked but the box was wrking after that ... I’ve tried the factory reset but it just freezes at the same point still

4. formandvoid

formandvoid TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    {self employed
    you could try this

5. Willzy7

Willzy7 Registered

THANKS pal looks like it’s the hard reset, does it have to be an sd card or could I use a usb do you think?

6. formandvoid

formandvoid TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    {self employed
    TBH not sure,might have to be sd card but you could try usb.

7. Antonybrock

Antonybrock Registered

Hi guys,I have mxq android box which has frozen on boot logo,I tried hard reset using toothpick method duty it didn't work,I had the switch pressed for a good 2 mins with no recovery screen appearing.
    Any ideas?

8. greavesy

greavesy Forum Supporter

Male
    lancashire
    Did you hold the reset button while you booted your box up ?

9. Antonybrock

Antonybrock Registered

Yes I unplugged power pushed toothpick in the AV port felt the button click then put power cable back in while holding the button in.
    I understand that after a few seconds I should get the recovery screen but even after about 2 mins nothing happens,just the boot logo

10. greavesy

greavesy Forum Supporter

Male
    lancashire
    I had a similar problem with my android box a while back I had to reinstall the firmware, you may have to go down that route if all else fails

11. greavesy

greavesy Forum Supporter

Male
    lancashire

Follow this guide it should work, I would do a google search for your boxes firmware thou