Android box throttled again?

Iptv smarters I don’t really like any other app

Am presuming you have your own list of your supplier since you tried it on laptop.
So try the kodi app. I use it quite a lot on PC and its more than fine.
Heres a link to set up your list and How to Setup PVR IPTV Simple Client on Kodi so to get it to work properly.
https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-setup-livetv-pvr-simple-xbmc-kodi/

Worth giving it a try in case its the app your using.

EDIT:
Try rebooting the router ?
If using a vpn works then just use that

Vpn gives me 20mb. Provider Doesn’t support vpn usage. So I’m being throttled by Vodafone ??

Last edited:
Any recommendations for other player like smarters for android. Getting constant invalid format now on streams I’m sure it’s the stupid android box. Watched a sd stream now for a while and it goes to invalid format and I have to unplug the box to get it to work again

Try using stub emu I had fierce problems with the Smarters app I went back to stub emu and no no more buffering or any problems with epg

What do you lot make of this. Tried speed tests all night and got 4mb. Time hit 11.15pm and boom back to 80mb??
And when you say Boom back to full speed do you get all the FHD HD or still only get SD? The sentence doesn,t tell me a lot it just tells me you got speed back.

Just throwing this out there for anyone to answer? (Like to know myself if there is any truth in it.)
Maybe your on a crap server/supplier/line and when your wanting to watch something the server is getting overloaded and bang you get crap speeds cause the sever can not handle it.
Then come to late in the evening most people on there way to bed and the server quiets down, meaning the server as less people on it so you may get better speeds.
Its just a thought. I know there is suppose to be something in place on most lines to handle this but who knows?

Anyway like I say:
1 Test line. rule out server.
2 Check all cabling/WiFi/Ethernet/connections. Use different cables in case of faulty cables. (Try whatever you can to check everything at your end)
3 Hard reset on everything. (Leave it off for a few minutes, This usually clears any crap left in cache on systems?)
4 Check software on boxes/androids/computers.(Even re-download software in case its corrupt?) Plus don,t just rely on one piece of software on one device.
Have your line setup on many places like Smart TV app / On a computer / On has many devices as possible then if one begins to fail see if its failing elsewhere on other devices then you can generally point to it being server / line? You don,t need multi-room for this if you only run it in once place at a time.
Best software in my opinion is VLC on a computer (safe, easy to use and will play any line I,ve come across) Kodi when setup properly is my next choice. Will play almost any line I,ve had. My reason for the like of kodi is easy to setup VPN on it and you can setup all sorts of proxy's.
Has for apps there only any good as there makers. And I read so much on forums that this app is better than that app. Still not got to a best app out there in my opinion.
5 With it happening at certain times, thats the time a test line needs to run. (Rules out ISP if you get a test line or your line to work)

EDIT: http://www.techkings.org/threads/which-of-my-devices-would-be-best-for-iptv.145474/#post-924978

Go to first post and read on. :)
This just confirms my reasoning. There is no holy grail to play IPTV. Its whatever it runs best in your household.
Might be an android box might be a computer or mag box or zgemma of some app.
There is no rule of thumb that this setup or that setup is the best. Just have it setup on many devices using as many pieces of software as possible and try whatever you like.
Its a shame if you like this software over another if you iptv doesn,t play on your favorite software but works on something else its tough, its just the way it goes.

Last edited:
Right I’ve tried a few providers now. And I’m getting the same results I’ve tried new ethernet cables to. I’ve tried lazy iptv, stbemu, smarters and three different trials. I’m can time the freeze on every app. It happens at 40secs stops for 10secs and starts again on all hd fhd channels. I’m getting 40mb to the android box to and it’s exactly the same

its defo my end.... i cannot stop the channels buffering after 40secs.. anyone got any tips on how to get out of my contract with vodafone.... i got till july left

On phone to voda one now. There is nothing wrong apprantly and if I just go out and buy a laptop they said unplug the phone socket to reveal a test socket. Then plug all into that then turn of every device connected except this new laptop by ethernet. Then that tells them that it’s ok or not. Told them my tv is connected by ethernet apprently this is not good enough as it needs to be a new laptop

On phone to voda one now. There is nothing wrong apprantly and if I just go out and buy a laptop they said unplug the phone socket to reveal a test socket. Then plug all into that then turn of every device connected except this new laptop by ethernet. Then that tells them that it’s ok or not. Told them my tv is connected by ethernet apprently this is not good enough as it needs to be a new laptop

Absolute b***ocks, why would a new laptop make a difference

Yes I said that. She said it needs to be connected by ethernet I said my tv is. She said oh that’s definitely not good enough. It needs to be ethernet. I said the tv is. Yes but it’s defo not good enough for speed tests, I said I got a old laptop here. Well borrow a new one or buy one and call us back lol

Yes I said that. She said it needs to be connected by ethernet I said my tv is. She said oh that’s definitely not good enough. It needs to be ethernet. I said the tv is. Yes but it’s defo not good enough for speed tests, I said I got a old laptop here. Well borrow a new one or buy one and call us back lol

Basically they don't know what they are doing then and are just looking for an excuse to get you off the phone.

Tell them you are going to cancel their service as it's rubbish and that normally jolts them into action !

Back