Annoying glitch crap

Lukus89

Can anyone tell me why this happens ?
almost daily now. I've tried restartin box, restarting cam.

Im running sky q skin on a vm connected box with sky dish so have all hd channels.

cheers!
image.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 10:56 PM ----------

If it helps, also only seems to happen on certain channels. Sky premier one tonight is terrible, so is channel 5 HD.
in comparison, sky hits hd is perfect

Make sure all your connections are good.
Your using decent quality copper core cable and not copper clad steel cable.
Any splitters are the correct type ie tratec (as used by VM)

Edit; can you confirm what it's glitching on satellite or cable?

Last edited:
I wouldn't expect it to be a satellite position issue, because it's perfect near enough all the time....
its happened on sky premier HD and Channel 5 HD. I have virgin broadband with a sky dish.
I don't have a splitter, and like I said it works near enough all the time it's just random times this happens.

VM router wise, it's a brand new one that has the worst config ive ever seen, so getting a screenshot is hard. But if I could I'd expect signal to be good as my internet is perfect.

If you don't have a splitter how have you connected the VM cable to the box? And if not and are using only satellite how are you getting premier 1 HD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay. So there must be a splitter somewhere, most probably at the wall point. Anyway, if you can't take a screenshot of the power levels of the signal, can you post the highest and lowest levels as shown in your router.

Afraid not, superhub 3 doesn't have anything like that. There's no splitter at the house, I have 2 cables coming in, one goes upstairs by side of house and one down stairs

Super hub 3 - go to advanced settings then network status and see what the db levels are in the downstream tab

Can anyone tell me why this happens ?
almost daily now. I've tried restartin box, restarting cam.

Im running sky q skin on a vm connected box with sky dish so have all hd channels.

cheers!
View attachment 19701

---------- Post Merged at 10:56 PM ----------

If it helps, also only seems to happen on certain channels. Sky premier one tonight is terrible, so is channel 5 HD.
in comparison, sky hits hd is perfect
I couldnt watch channel 5hd sly premiere basically same as you with sly sports 3 due to glitch and freeze. I no it wasn't the line for a fact as its solid. Since my vu hasnt had a problem on any of them channels has to be the box.... Or a coincidence lol

Also been fine for months and months on all channels

And no splitter in use here

Last edited:
Power levels look good on the modem. Usually a twin splitter has one output with less loss than the second. If you have a look one output should have a dB value (let's say 3.2 dB) and the other should have a bit more (let's say 4.0 dB).

If this isn't the case with yours, it could be worth swapping the outputs on the splitter to see if it has any effect (I'm thinking if the router is on the output with most loss, and too much signal might be being received by the h2h).

Yes. Power levels do look good but as you said you had NO splitter and two lines coming into the house to clear things up could you :-
Either connect your h2h to the cable going into the modem and see if that sorts the glitching out;

OR

Connect the router to the cable going to the h2h and see what the db levels are for that feed?

Back