anti pollution system faulty peugeot 308cc

PKOssie

hi i have a message on my car anti pollution system faulty i checked code and it said camshaft/crankshaft position sensor correlation a bank 1 so i got a new sensor got a mechanic to put it on and clear codes and it worked fine for 6 weeks until the same fault code came up again so once again a replaced the sensor but the code keeps coming back. the car seems to run fine but anyone have any idea why this fault keeps coming up. cheers.

Is this car petrol or diesel,timing belt or chain driven,8 or 16 valve.
have you been topping up oil and water lately?
If car is diesel short or motorway driving.

Get an auto electrician to remove the plug connector to the sensor and check continuity etc could be slight corrosion in it or a loose wire therefore an intermitent loss of power to the sensor would more than likely throw up a fault code in the ecu :(y)::(y):

thanks very much for replies beginning to think it might be something to do with wiring as yesterday the warning didnt come on at all even though the fault had'nt been erased from the diagnostics. cheers.

Had a Peugeot expert van had same problem Anti pollution fault came up on display screen, ended up being faulty EGR valve. If you don't do a lot of motorway driving and you just potter around town on short journeys soot and particles build up in it and knacker it. If it's only just started I got told to do about 20 miles on motorway at about 3000 rpm hopefully at about 70/80 mph to try and clear the soot etc
out
EGR valve not cheap and a bitch to get to and change on an Expert, I think fitted it was best part £300

Back