Any advice on zgemma please?

smiffy483

Hi

Spent the last couple of days looking at different boxes as i currently have sly tv and virgin broadband. Wanting to get rid off sly but want HD channels.

Is the zgemma the best box to get if i want HD channels and where is the best place for me to get a line for this? Looking to buy a zgemma from the site on here. Does it make a difference what region i live in (Lincolnshire by the way)

Sorry if my posts is against the rules, If so i will remove it

Thanks

i think you can use a spliter on the broadband feed only one way and ty it
and no it does not make a difference what region i live in

I currently have a Zgemma H1 combo (sly & cable), I have both sly & vm working, sly side is SD but VM side is HD. I only have broadband & phone with VM so you dont need any tv package for it to work however to have both sly & VM working you need a line for sly & a line for VM (VM line costs more than sly). setup can be a bit tricky but its basically the same as a standard setup only with a few extra steps to complete the VM side. The TV is carried on the same incoming cable as VM broadband so you need a splitter to be able to connect the cable to both the router & your box.

Last edited:
I currently have a Zgemma H1 combo (sly & cable), I have both sly & vm working, sly side is SD but VM side is HD. I only have broadband & phone with VM so you dont need any tv package for it to work however to have both sly & VM working you need a line for sly & a line for VM (VM line costs more than sly). setup can be a bit tricky but its basically the same as a standard setup only with a few extra steps to complete the VM side. The TV is carried on the same incoming cable as VM broadband so you need a splitter to be able to connect to the cable to both the router & your box.

You learn something new everyday on this site, I was told by someone that has virgin you needed the minimum package to use this box.
I will let him know that you can do it with just the phone line only.

Much better choice on satalite side of thing if you ever got bored of sly channels could always catch them via cable feed then set up a dish and point it at 19.2 e if you have a cable feed coming into your house these cable and sat boxes open up your options. At end of day all depends what you want to watch

People do advise to have minimum tv package because broadband and tv box use a different frequency, tv boxes use a higher frequency so if by any chance engineers check what levels your using they could report it or they could turn your frequency down so your broadband works but your tv box you'll get tuner failed. The price difference between broadband only and to minimum package is very small and you get a TiVo box which you could use elsewhere.

I've bought a zgemma h1 from the the company on the forum can anyone point me in the direction for a line for vm please?

Thank you, how do I know if I need a c or n line please? A there a guide for me to read up on so I'm not asking stupid questions as well please? Thanks in advance

Back