Any CrossEPG Alternative?

lippo

Hi,

I have an Xtrend ET8500 and a Zgemma H2.S which are great boxes, but both are let down by CrossEPG which freezes every other day causing me to reboot the box. Is there any alternative to it?

I think it would help if the Rytec UK file didn't have 3 different sources for the EPG - I think just one would do.

Thanks guys, DSayers I've used that in the past but it didn't download S*y channels for me. I'll try again. Willo, I have that on the ET8500 but again it doesn't seem to download S*y channels either. I'll have a go of both.

Does anyone use Rytec or have problems with freezing on parsing?

I think rytec is normally used on epg importer willo will tell you. What image are you using? If openatv you need to be using an older version of crossepg 0.6 and need to lock it from ota updates

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

On my Zgemma I'm using OpenATV (not sure which version) and on the Xtrend I'm using OpenVIX v22. I'll check my Zgemma for the CrossEPG version, it's still reading summaries from CrossEPG OpenTV Sat 28.2.

Just checked CrossEPG - it's on 0.8.2 so I'll downgrade it. I'll try EPG Importer on the Zgemma too.

Last edited:
hi guys I am having the same problem when using crossepg on vix it causes a crash and reboot I have tried to uninstall and reinstall its showing in the folders but I cannot launch crossepg to download the guide any help would be great thanks

Back