any runners ?

siilver

TK Veteran
just wondering if there is any runners on the site?

im only really starting out on my running. started about 4 months ago or so
just wondering if anyone else runs or wants to start running

i shouldnt say i run, more of a waddle

I always loved to run since my teenage years, but i stick to the walking now and i take my daughters collie with me, up in the belfast divis mountain and the cavehills, i have had 2 heart attacks in recent years, plus hitting 54 soon, although i do still play a bit of 5 aside football with friends which is very competitive as nobody wants to be in the losing team, havent been there in 6 weeks though, due to injury. One of my daughters and her boyfriend along with one of my sons do the half and full marathons, so at least they got the running bug from me, they are quite good and have achieved good times. My advice to anyone is to try and stay as active as you can and take exercise as much as possible, as long as you are careful not to overdo things, then it can be enjoyable and fun, i hope i have at least 10 good years in me yet, for the walking and with a bit of luck a few more years for the 5 asides, heh,heh.

Divis is a good walk. I have done it a few time and always go on windy days lol
I see they do a run at it too. Bit tough for my liking

Yea I wrecked my foot there, couldn’t put it to the ground.

Yeah , nothin worse than getting hurt especially when your slightly up in years, takes that bit longer to heal, yeah my ones do that run most saturday morning 5k i think it is, around the gasworks, i would love to try it but not up to it these days, good to know theres a fellow tekker from this neck of the woods though.

I’m lisburn way
My aim is to do the lisburn 10k in 4weeks (? I think it is)
Did the titanic 10k, it was very easy, so flat around around there. I normally can’t “run” the full distance, asthma and unfitness is my killer, lisburn isn’t flat lol. normal walk between lamp posts then pick again and I’m good for a while

But any one looking to run, get out and do it. I’m happy I have started, never thought I could run the length of me lol

10k , good luck with that one, some of the nurses who ran my cardio rehab class are doing that run themselves, they mostly live in Lisburn area, although they say they will probaly walk most of it, they done a relay 6 and a half miles each in the marathon 2 weeks ago so they should be ok, they are raising money for MS this time, the marathon was for the heart and stroke foundation, youngest of them is only twenty and the oldest has just turned forty, so plenty of running in them yet.

Are you looking to run ?

I think I'd die if I were to attempt it.
I can walk and I take my dog out every day but I think I've let myself go too long without proper exercise....I packed in smoking about a year ago but I do drink and I eat a lot.
I'm not massively overweight like those obesity programmes where they have to wash themselves with a rag on a stick, but i could do with losing about 30lbs!

Good for them getting out there for a good cause.

They say lisburn run is flat. It’s far from it. You have chapel hill, up hill, then up from sprucefield is a very long up hill, not looking forward to that bit mind
Chapel hill I can do no worry now, well getting back to it after my foot being bad.

People run with music or without

A good couple of miles walk at a brisk pace every few days for a few months would soon have you feeling a bit better and get your waist line down too, thats why i mostly do it these days, to keep the weight down.

All movement is good
It’s getting over the first pain and once you get going you can’t do with out lol

Start of slow and work up.

At kettlebells this morning there was a girl I would say 17 or 18. She left the class in a hurry and didn’t make it too the ladies, all over the half. A clear green liquid boke!

Well ask any questions you want when you are going. Happy to try and help anyone

Don’t go too long, but go more often
Rather than going big distance and killing yourself then not going for a week

I tried to take up running, need to lose belly fat but I was weak and gave in after 2 weeks of doing that couch to 5k app. I struggle to run a bath if I'm honest, let alone run 5k.

I tried to take up running, need to lose belly fat but I was weak and gave in after 2 weeks of doing that couch to 5k app. I struggle to run a bath if I'm honest, let alone run 5k.

Think they say once you hit 8weeks it becomes habit.

Back