any runners ?

So you will be all set for wednesday then Siilver, is there a 10k run aswell then, my youngest son and one of my daughters are doing the half marathon then too, they are both seasoned runners now, he has been doing some cross country aswell lately, my daughters 26 now and shes been running 10 years now, suppose that will be your next goal then to start targetting the half marathons, once you get a few more 10 ks under your belt, just over double the distance or near to that, good luck for wednesday.

There is times I would love to go bigger distances, but an hour is a nice amount of time. 2 hours and 4+ hours is a long time

I can’t wait to get it over and done with. I miss the gym classes. Running is good but doesn’t do everything for me

Yea fun run
10k and the half

I’m number 96

Last edited:
Well that’s is the lisburn 10k done.

Think I did it under hour. Well I hope I did the clock at the finish said 59.09
Never ran across the line so quick before lol

Now to get ready for the next one, I think it’s in August

Thank you.

The nips could cut glass now lol
Never stopped which I’m happy with
And getting under a hour, I’m over the moon with
Well that was the time on the big clock

Never got out of breath, tried to keep my time over 10mins, but most times I was in the high 9s.

Nice to get it done lol

Thats where all the training came in handy then, the bodys getting accustomed to it, onwards and upwards, heh heh. Havent seen any of my two, the last i heard they were meeting up with one of my other sons and his girl plus my other daughter and the mrs of course and going for dinner, i stayed in the house to watch the football.

My wife has run most days for the last 20 years and is very fit but she does suffer with her joints now as she's got older.We both decided to join a gym about 5 months ago and go most days after work for about an hour and I have to say I was sceptical at first but after just 2 months the results are amazing. Running is very good for you and you will loose weight quicker than in a gym but we have both found with the gym that you will gain strength,muscle and get a much better physique than you will from running and you don't have to kill yourself doing it, just find a level of training that you are happy with and stick to it. Also it doesn't matter what the weather's like which is a big bonus.

They say it takes 8 weeks for you to notice what is happening to your body and to become part of your life

Once it is in your life it is hard to get rid off lol

I need the running and the weight training type classes. Think if I just ran I wouldn’t go as often

But my knees and ankles are sore lol

My wife has run most days for the last 20 years and is very fit but she does suffer with her joints now as she's got older.We both decided to join a gym about 5 months ago and go most days after work for about an hour and I have to say I was sceptical at first but after just 2 months the results are amazing. Running is very good for you and you will loose weight quicker than in a gym but we have both found with the gym that you will gain strength,muscle and get a much better physique than you will from running and you don't have to kill yourself doing it, just find a level of training that you are happy with and stick to it. Also it doesn't matter what the weather's like which is a big bonus.
Best bet is to do a bit of both, keep the gym classes going, nothing better for the body and mind than a good work out, but try and get a bit of running threw in aswell, even once aweek and you would notice a big difference.

My son is a professional trainer and is always trying to get me up and running---No Chance, I was built large and chubby, lost lot of weight after my heart attack, can't see where I'm running [blind] and love life as it is----bring on the beer.
Reaper.

Good for you Silver, that's what I call dedication m8. You know what they say, healthy body, healthy mind which comes in handy on TK lol.

Good for you Silver, that's what I call dedication m8. You know what they say, healthy body, healthy mind which comes in handy on TK lol.

Hahaha lol

It does feel good lol and shifting the weight is even better

The amount of people I haven't seen in a while
Saying you have lost so much weight helps too

I'm doing something right.

Everything is just that bit easier a wee bit lighter

Back