any runners ?

way to warm to run, just home from 8mile. it is 22 outside
but non stop run, asthma was well bad to day

Funny mentioning running
Lovely madras last night, couldn't stop running this morning
" i love exercise"

8.1 mile done this morning
and i left the house and it was 16 in temp and now it is 20. to warm to run i say

but it will be good training for the cold weather, if my body is getting used to the running in heat

I think i said to you before siilver, once the late August and september evenings come in you will really enjoy your running and of course by that time your body will be well used and adjusted to it, but theres something about the Autumnal weather that makes it more enjoyable, i'll bet you will be bursting to get going and probaly do a few extra runs, heh.

just need to keep at it and the weight will drop and it will make it easier

got some chaffing on the legs to day, so walking like a cowboy lol
and i lost all energy at mile 7. but i was close to home, so not to bad
dragging my feet more than running

Last edited:
Thats another of the benefits too, well as long as you dont call in for a fish supper after your run of course.

As I have said before, I do get sore nipples when running
On that 8mile the other week. It was close to blood and sore for a good few days

So I did some googling and baying see what I can find. The pain is not nice

So on eBay I seen a product called mr nipple. Just wee stickers, with a wee tab on it
Plain and simple
Easy to fit and not as easy to remove lol like any plaster

104 for £12.89

So that is 25p per run
Il take it over the days of pain lol

Last edited:
I seen a good thing for people who want do a marathon but are not quick or want to take their time

Don’t know if there is another that do it but it’s a good idea

Early start 4hours+
Seen it at a up and coming Armagh run
I’m doing the 10k at it

So the early start marathon start at 7 and the reg marathoners start at 8
So they get a hour head start

Such a good idea

NHS couch25k app is a good one for beginner as posted above ;)

Running on concrete can be hard on your knees

If starting out go to the gym and run on the treadmills First for a few weeks before running outdoors on concrete

I seen a good thing for people who want do a marathon but are not quick or want to take their time

Don’t know if there is another that do it but it’s a good idea

Early start 4hours+
Seen it at a up and coming Armagh run
I’m doing the 10k at it

So the early start marathon start at 7 and the reg marathoners start at 8
So they get a hour head start

Such a good idea

I get where you are coming from, but if you have elite runners in this event, having a slow bunch ahead could very well slow down their times.

8.5miles done there
the cooler weather is nice

just seems that bit nicer in the cooler weather

so did any one try running ??

Its getting into that time of the year, last few weeks in August, September and October months, they are the best time of the year for running, especially out on the roads, the evenings in particular are great, seems that bit easier to run, even better when you finish, sense of achievement is a brilliant feeling, I used to love it, happy memories. Good to see your still going strong Siilver, i bet your feeling alot fresher from when you first started, keep up the good work.

Does running from police count lol only joking not something that's ever crossed my mind but seen old dears in there late 60s running (jogging) up my road and envy anyone who does it wish I had the b***s to do it shift a a bit of timber but I just build a sweat up putting my shoes on but good luck @siilver for your next run not bad time for first run you can only improve mate

All counts

I see all ages at the my class’s I go to at my local leisure centre, I know a good few ones in their 70s at spin every morning. They are getting it free mind sure that helps lol

I remember having to take a break not much past the end of the street
Now I still have my problems but I can keep moving over 8 miles
Will need to add extra distance on it to make it 9 of so. Hard to add small amounts on to runs

All counts

I see all ages at the my class’s I go to at my local leisure centre, I know a good few ones in their 70s at spin every morning. They are getting it free mind sure that helps lol

I remember having to take a break not much past the end of the street
Now I still have my problems but I can keep moving over 8 miles
Will need to add extra distance on it to make it 9 of so. Hard to add small amounts on to runs
Might see you doing London marathon or half marathon one day with a (techkings vest on) lol but it's just pushing yourself that little further but easy for me to say that as I don't run but fair play mate

Back