Anyone attempting to put own dish up

dabuk

Hi everyone,

Had a go at putting dish up myself, found a great Iphone app called satfinder v2.9 (Ralf Andrae Utilites) £1.49 allows you to line it up pretty easy and adjust. Me and a mate got it lined up to 28.2E in five minutes, with skybox F5 signal strength on screen for fine adjustment. Shows sat position relative to dish and easy adjustment with directional prompts. Made DIY dish setup really easy.

Thanks

DAB

Good to know dabuk, I got a man in to do it as it was just simpler that way, cost me a little bit though.

Ive not used myself but your now the second person to say about how good this app is, may well need to use it in the future ;)

I use dish pointer pro , it shows the full arc of sats , I don't use it for set up but more for showing customers why and where dish has to go and what obstacles are in the way , saves fitting a dish only to remove and resite later because hot bird is blocked by a tree or summat daft

I used dish pointer on google and got the general direction and the elevation etc started getting signal then just fiddled with it until it was perfect. Hardest part was putting the dish together, got it all together then realised the guy never gave us a wall bracket!

all that they do is give you the strongest single you will still have to find the satellite first

Last edited:
Just downloaded the Satfinder app onto my iPad works a treat, will fine tune my dish tomorrow.

thanks for the post

regards
John

Just setup new zone2 dish to 19.2e today. I used dishpointer website. Typed in postcode and selected 19.2e. I zoomed in so just my house and the ones behind it were visible. I then moved the marker to the exact location of my dish.
This gave me a line showing which way to mount the dish. The line pointed to just right of the house behind chimney stack. So I pointed the dish there and got a signal straight away. Then used signal meter to maximise signal, I had taken a receiver and a lcd tv onto the flat roof so I could check before I fitted all cable etc.
Managed to get 100% signal and 95% quality, so fingers crossed it wont move in wind.

Very happy. Thanks to everyone who has posted advice here as I have probably read most of it :)
Thanks

Hi all,

Just set up a dish and have connected it to a F5s box with no line installed yet. I know the general direction to point the dish as there are a few in the area already. What is the best way to find the exact position. I was thinking of putting on one of the freeview channels and adjusting but where do I look out for the signal strength on the F5s box

Cheers

Back