Anyone from Leicester city that can flash a S2

itsmrjt

TK Veteran
Hi as the status says is there anyone that has a working usb ?

Stuck in a boot loop from a factory reset. I'm trying to flash my S2 but its just going straight to boot as soon as i turn on the box with the USB in the back.
I have tried HDDguru and winfat32 and also tried willo's format guide and have also tried boot loaderand made sure I have only the zgemma file on the usb.
USB's used are Kingston 32gb and SanDisk 16gb. None of them have worked this far as the box just says BOOT for about 15 seconds and then starts to load but then reboots its self everytime.

Can you help me to see if your usb image works on my box ? I'm at a total loss as I've formatted countless times and tried and tried again this morning I'm formatting for the 8th time now!

I've read loads of posts and tried ideas from other peoples posts and they didn't work.

I'm almost about to buy a new box because I just cannot get this to flash.
Is there anyone that can help.

are you sure it's the correct flash file you've downloaded? Should be sh1 inside the zgemma folder, not h3.

Yeah 100% sure mate.. tried n tried so many times with both usb sticks. Just need someone that has a known working usb to see if its my box or the usbs

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Do you think I should try a low level format and then your Bootice instead of windows ?

Shouldn't need to format with Windows at all mate. Bootice deletes all the existing partitions and boot record and creates new.
I've used it on over 20 different usb sticks and it's always worked.
Unplug everything from the box and just flash with the power connected and the usb in the rear port - if usb appears on the display press the front power button.
If that doesn't work try it in the front usb port.

Shouldn't need to format with Windows at all mate. Bootice deletes all the existing partitions and boot record and creates new.
I've used it on over 20 different usb sticks and it's always worked.
Unplug everything from the box and just flash with the power connected and the usb in the rear port - if usb appears on the display press the front power button.
If that doesn't work try it in the front usb port.
I have already tried that and its all unplugged as we speak think. Tried pressing the front on power button after I turn from the back with the usb in the back and front. Done this with both sticks. Surly it cant be the usb sticks as they are top brands. Can you recommend a good usb for me to try ? As currently using
ea96ec9be48ba3f50334b485d331b04e.jpg
36aeac25e2c16037d3aad0f5405da95b.jpg

fafe31038963dbcd6ef772d54ab502d8.jpg

Still no luck with either usb. Im at a loss here.. gonna just have to buy another box and I will try a new usb but lords knows what one to buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
My old faithful is an 8gb Cruzer Facet but to be fair I've used allsorts with no problem when it's prepared properly, including an old 128mb microsd in a usb adapter and a 500gb bus powered hdd.
Your box is starting to look like like it's popped its clogs!

Maybe so.. oh well can you suggest as box that will take VM and sky apart from zgemma? Been looking at upgrading for a while now but just dunno what gonna work best.

Formatting sandisk in diskpart il keep you posted. Gonna have to give the kingston usb a format if I have no luck.
c4ec6ac976e2f84b61c60047c70d1582.jpg

And its a no go.. read that wooshmans build worked when other images didn't but still didn't flash. Never even had this much trouble with the V8s. Will buy one more usb tomorrow and see what its sayin before I go and order a new box. Don't really want another Zgemma but am looking at the H2H as would love HD channels and all the sly but is this box just as problematic as the S2? Or is there a box that is slighty better than both of these ?

Never actually had a dedicated usb stick mate just put it on most any stick when i need to do a reflash, whichever stick i've used whether cheap or expensive it's always pot luck as to whether it reads or not, whereabouts in leicester are you and are you trying to put on sucmnsee or the other one?

Im south wigston but can drive so no problem getting about. I've tried to flash a few images including the one you have said. Not had chance to buy another usb but as gonna try it again over the weekend and see unless your available to give it a shot. Also had another thought, I'm currently using windows 10 so maybe that might be issue ?

I'm definitely no expert in these matters but i've managed to keep on top of my box and sort my brothers out so feel i know the basics, if you want i can come over with a couple of sticks and help you flash it-if it doesn't work we have to assume it's an issue with the box

Sandisk data cruzer flashes any box with no problem.

---------- Post Merged at 09:30 AM ----------

32 gb wont flash a box
16gb is overkill get a nice 2gb and it will work.

Yeah il try n get hold of a 2gb.

Here we go with the final usb. I will then go out and buy a new box looking at the H2H as this does both sly VM.
8dc5f22e058d383b1818b9ba4ee74b89.jpg

Knew it was too good to be true.. box is done for. Never seen something so short lived but hey ho upgrade it is..

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok after about a week of not turning on my box. I turned it on last night as thought I'd check it one last time. So get out the Verbatim usb and plugged it into the lappy and noticed the zgemma file wasn't unzipped but yet I'm 100 percent sure I extracted that file.. Any how it come up with boot and then USB so pressed the power button on the front and it said FLSH.. So i Now I manged to flash a image. My new question is what image has a reliable epg? I've not tried woosh build.. and it does look good.

Last edited:
for zgemma boxes, put wooshbuild on ... follow the automated process.. you will up and running in minutes.

Back