Anyone using xtrend 8000 with cable....need some info

As above....I need some quick info on the one live feed from vm and how it records with just one or is another cable required

Box I'm looking at is
Xtrend ET8000 2x DVBC/T/T2 Linux Enigma 2 Linux HD Digital Receiver PVR Ready

Hey mate, yes you can use both cable tuners with only one cable coming in the house. I'm twin Sat and cable but be swapping a tuner and doing the same shortly. Search cable loop or even pm gmangt4 as he has it working that way flawlessly.

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

Do u need to loop for it to record while watching....will a box with 2x dvbc be enough with it having just 2 connections for the coax or is four needed to loop if that's required to record

Many thanks for your quick response

2 tuners enough but one tuner would have no feed if only one cable so either need to loop or split it.

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If loop is needed...and one tuner is being used...then one end of the loop to second tuner and where does the other end go if both tuners are being used

HI as Bangord says you can either use loop out, which I do on an et8000, meaning the one VM feed you have goes to in on tuner A, I then have an RF cable going from tuner A out to Tuner B in, thats it....my other tuner is a Sat one so fed from the sat dish

Or buy a splitter and put a seperate vm feed to each tuner. I use the splitter set up on my et10000, but rarely use that box as my XB1 is hooked up to it via the HDMI in.

Back