Windows 8 ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series driver

Hi lads when i installed W8 over a year ago i had some problems,i basically i got a pain in my b*****x trying to fix it and left the laptop in the press.
Problem is when i plug in or out the power cord the laptop reboots with blue screen so i disable the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series driver and everything is workin fine but when i enable it the problem is there rebooting when i plug in or out.I tried updating the driver but it says there is no update for the driver,and the option to roll-back the driver is not high lighted,Can i leave this disabled ? and will it effect anything ?

Any help would be appreciated has this is going on far to long.

Thanks Paddy
Untitled report.jpg

i take it you downloaded the driver from the amd site? take a look at this driver and see if its the same one or updated.if its not the same one try it.
Mobile

did you download the driver from the amd site or your laptops manufacturers site?what laptop do you have? disregard my previous post.tried to delete it but screwed up.

how ye thanks for your reply,no i didn't download any driver I just installed W8 over the net from Microsoft and windows media centre has there was a limited offer on a free licence i was previously running w7 on this machine and had no problems what so ever,Untitled.png Im also haveing problems downloading updates probably because there's so many as it was lying for so long

Thanks lads i uninstalled the HD5000 driver and replaced it with the HD 5400 driver and now it seem to working fine/no rebooting when plugging in or out.:peace:

Back