Cable Autobouquets Time Out for Tuner Lock Error - Cable Tuner VM

oxtuggs

Hi,

I have being having this issue for the last week on my new H1, when I go into Autobouquets and set the provider location to Oxford (00020) and VM UK, I try to run the scan and it fails without returning any results with the error "Timeout for Tuner Lock"

The settings on my box are as follows:

DVB-S2 - Not Configured

DVB-C is configured and has the VM cable connected, but I can only run a manual scan which returns channels the auto-scan and autobouquets scan both fail and don't return results.

Any help would be very much appreciated?

If you are using Autobouqet maker you will have to select VM and your area in "providers"

Then scan using ABM

Hi,

I have set this in ABM but I am still getting the same result, do I need to configure anything in the tuner settings relative to Oxford?

In the tuner configuration it should be set to DVB-C
Put in your net ID and Symbol rate.

You said your sat tuner is set to not configured which is correct.

In ABM

Make sure you haven't got Sky Uk or any other provider ( that requires a sat dish) selected in the ABM menu.

Select VM as a provider and select your area.

Otherwise it will scan for sat channels and cable channels so you will get a time out error

Finally, make sure your net id is the same in tuner configuration and ABM

Last edited:
DO I need to set the frequency or should that be left to the default setting?

In the tuner configuration it should be set to DVB-C
Put in your net ID and Symbol rate.

You said your sat tuner is set to not configured which is correct.

In ABM

Make sure you haven't got Sky Uk or any other provider ( that requires a sat dish) selected in the ABM menu.

Select VM as a provider and select your area.

Otherwise it will scan for sat channels and cable channels so you will get a time out error

Finally, make sure your net id is the same in tuner configuration and ABM

Hi Oxtuggs,
I am having the exact same issue regarding auto bouquet tuner timeout. Was you able to resolve it and how?
Thanks.

You both have an issue in your setup somewhere,
check there is no other Net ID for you area for cable (Oxtuggs have you tried 00013 Reading)
Check you have the right area for satellite
Scan each service separately that way you might pick up on which one is not right.
Check your cables!! yes loose or faulty cable will cause this message (i was helping a guy a couple of weeks ago and i narrowed things down to a faulty cable, low and behold he checked his cables going through the loft and something had chewed through them) Check you have the cables in the right places on the receiver.
You should have no issues scanning for both services at the same time using ABM if your setup is correct (i've never had an issue)
Ask other people what settings they're using for your area.

Edit: when i do a scan i use the following settings for sly and cable:

FTA only NO
Generate main bouquet NO
Generate sections bouquet YES
Generate HD bouquet NO
Generate FTA bouquet NO
Generate FTA HD Bouquet NO
Swap channels YES

Using these settings when scanning for both services at the same time will see less info coming into your receiver (possibly causing any errors with timeout message appearing, i never get any using these settings)

Don't forget to change "Add provider prefix to bouquets" to Yes in Autobouquetsmaker configure

Last edited:
Dangerous,
Thanks for the reply.
The cable was in use previous to installing Zgemma.
I tried the other cable too (splitter)
Do you have to manually change the frequency and symbol rate?
This is the settings.
ID Oxford - 020
Frequency 818
Symbol rate 6887.

I take it your using openvix?
I'll have to check settings tonight,
I use open ATV and you just set net ID to *your area* and providers to vermin media, there,s no messing with other settings.

Hi,
No, it is open ATV.
There are 3 settings for Oxford, have tried the other 2 still no joy.
I have even tried manually changing settings in the tuner signal / lock page.

You should only be using ABM do the scan, if you have the net ID set right and providers set to vermin media 6952 it should work. I'll send you some screenshots after work today, your either doing something wrong or there's an issue with your cable

718a5c6c0935fbb68a74b993fda5fbde.jpg
bbf5f5cf19786cf3629bec9b390e21ee.jpg

Hi,
Yes set up is exactly like that apart from network id of course which is 020.
I don't have issue with scanning channels, issue is only when scanning on auto-bouquets I get tuner timeout failed.

---------- Post Merged at 08:49 PM ----------

Autobouquet maker setup...
I have yes on all options apart from swap channels-no

Back