AutoBouquetsMaker sat.xml and cable.xml updater

dsayers2014

VIP Member
I have found a way to update the sat.xml from AutoBouquetsMaker menus

Small update Fixed some network issues and gives a summary at the end.

unzip this View attachment updateproviders.zip and ftp both updateproviders.pyo and menu.pyo to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker reboot box.

now on box menu, setup service searching, autobouquetsmarker, you can select update config files this will check github for the latest sat.xml files you're using in providers and updates them for you no more need to ftp them

update confige files.jpg

updating confige file.jpg

thanks to pembo for writing the script and Huevos for creating the pyo files this menu will be available in future updates of autobouquets marker

Ps I've had someone test this on a really old build of vix that's using an older version of abm and crashed his box so i would only recommend using this tested vix3.2037 and above. (13/06/16) now confirmed working on openatv 5.1 and above

Last edited:
you can use it on openatv rather than waiting for atv to add the new sat.xml to ota updates. this will be added to autobouquetsmaker by default on both atv and vix now to see if i can add a script for my dropbox account for my custom.xml

good work on this. this auto update function keeps me running vix.

i personally prefer running vix to atv but kiddac is right that atv - things like this are easier.

Can the skin not be slyk skin when it runs brilliant idea but runs on yhe default skin would be nice to see it run the slyk skin instead of default thanks

Should run on any skin the screen shots are of slyk1hd but it shouldn't be an issue on other skins the screen shot on post 5 is of vskin-hd

---------- Post Merged at 10:13 PM ----------

Also this doesn't seem to work on older images because they use an older version of abm

Has anyone tested this on openatv so I can confirm it works and what version please?

Last edited:
Can the skin not be slyk skin when it runs brilliant idea but runs on yhe default skin would be nice to see it run the slyk skin instead of default thanks

sorry just noticed what you mean do you mean the downloader? it changes the color on the vskin but default on slyk1hd i think this needs editing by the skin designer so maybe a job for kiddac

---------- Post Merged at 12:54 PM ----------

confired working on openatv 5.1 and above

hi i have tried this with the new updateproviders.pyo and menu.pyo files and still have bbc2 hd channel 101 and bbc2 sd 102

have you ran autobouquet marker after updating the config updater?
when running the config updater does it tell you what files were updated?

sorry just noticed what you mean do you mean the downloader? it changes the color on the vskin but default on slyk1hd i think this needs editing by the skin designer so maybe a job for kiddac

looking at the pyo files this is the positon it needs to be on the skin your using <widget name="progress" position="65,55" size="520,5" borderWidth="1" backgroundColor="#11000000"/> i'm not sure how to implement it on slyk1hd it will need to go in plugins.xml with a reference to mybackgrounds/abm-background.png" or CrossEPG-downloader-template under <!-- AutoBouquetsMaker --> ps the xml is from v4

Last edited:
For people with blue skins the updater may show the default updater to change it to a blue one try this

unzip and ftp this View attachment background.rar to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/images note this will overwrite the default loader only use this if you intend to stick with a blue skin.

There's no need to do this for slyk1hd just update to slyk1hd v4 the updater has been skinned.

Last edited:
I have found a way to update the sat.xml from AutoBouquetsMaker menus

Small update Fixed some network issues and gives a summary at the end.

unzip this updateproviders.zip and ftp both updateproviders.pyo and menu.pyo to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker reboot box.

now on box menu, setup service searching, autobouquetsmarker, you can select update config files this will check github for the latest sat.xml files you're using in providers and updates them for you no more need to ftp them

Is there anyway to get this to run on a weekly or daily basis (excellant feature)

No the new sat.xml files are only released when sky move channels around so their would be no need to run it on a weekly basis

Hi thanks for this makes updating so easy...
I downloaded the Bt sport xml file last week and just put this on my box and it updated the file again ,is there any way we can see what it has updated

Back