AutoBouquetsMaker sat.xml and cable.xml updater

EPG for ROI Channels

you can use it on openatv rather than waiting for atv to add the new sat.xml to ota updates. this will be added to autobouquetsmaker by default on both atv and vix now to see if i can add a script for my dropbox account for my custom.xml

The only trouble I find is when using this with EPG Importer it doesn't pick up the ROI listings as it picks up UK info? Any known plans when this might be fixed? or for OpenATV is it a case of using CrossEPG? I hear there's only a specific version that works with OpenATV, so how can you protect this from updating on a software update?

guys any help, since doing this the git hub download just says didnt need updating and when i try to run abm it just fails every time. Using chabs skq Q skin

I dunno why but noticed today that slysports roi channels have disappeared, and also Eirsport, and eirsport HD have gone back to setanta. Iv managed to get the roi channels back after reinstalling the .pyo files and rescanning multiple times but still showing setanta instead of eirsport. Did something change with GitHub in last couple days?

Ok so it seems I had dsayers custom sat xml file installed (needed it before for bbc hd/and regional swap) which removed the sky roi channels after a recent daily scheduled abm scan (dunno y as it was there before and had the roi sports channels). Once i removed it, rescanned and rebooted, the roi sports channels came back. As for setanta renaming to eirsport......doh! just had to zap to both setanta channels and they renamed themselves.

Last edited:
A little update on this I've managed to update a script to download the providers files so we can set a crontimer to download the providers files daily.

Download this UpdateProviders.sh file
Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/emj01ztlpvgu1k1/updateProviders.sh?dl=0
Ftp the UpdateProviders.sh to usr/script create the script folder if you haven't got one.

Now we need to start the script

Openatv

Menu, Info panel, plugins, job manager you should see UpdateProviders.sh press green to run

OpenVix
Menu, setup, vix, scriptrunner green to start the script

Now we need to set a crontimer to run the script

Menu > Timers > CronTimers (you may be prompted to install 'busybox-cron' - install this - box will restart)

Add a Cron Timer by pressing the Green button

Run How Often ? - Daily
Time To Execute Command Or Script - Whatever you prefer, I have 00:00
Command Type - predefined
You should see the UpdateProviders.sh
Press green to save then check if it says start on autostart if not yellow to start and blue to autostart
Now reboot box thats it it should download the following providers files from GitHub

SKY UK
SKY IRL
Freesat
Terrestrial
Virgin UK
Cable ie

Thanks to pembo for providing the original script and birdman helping edit to run via scriptrunner

I will start a new thread forthis over the weekend

Last edited:
Ive installed the cron timer, is there any message or pop up that will show to show when it occurs or will it do in the background? Thanks

I'm at work but should be tomorrow morning. I'm going to see if I can do a plugin to run a timer because some e2 boxes don't have crontimers

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Back