Backup\Rip Xbox360 Games With Laptop and XBC,0800 Firmware

axxxo

VIP Member
What you will need.

Laptop :)

CK3 Connectivity Kit

Xbox 360 Drive flashed with 0800 firmware (ive bought one online, a BenQ so i didnt have to use the one from my 360 all the time) 0800 firmware can be obtained from xbins or elsewhere on the web.

Vantec or similar IDE/SATA to USB2.0 adapter, this has its own power supply and molex connection which will power the 360 drive and connectivity kit.

http://www.techkings.org/xbox-360/29380-xbox-backup-creator-2-9-0-345-redline99.html

ABGX360 (free software)

Finally, the original game you want to backup, Im using CODMW2

100_1526.gif

You obviously have to have the xbox360 you are using to play these backups flashed with the appropriate firmware for the drive you are using.

Step 1
Connect the Sata and power cable to the drive and connectivity kit
100_1527.gif

Step 2
Connect the molex power cable from the vantec adapter to the connectivity kit and plug into the wall socket
100_1529.gif

Step 3
Connect the sata cable into the drive and the IDE/SATA adapter
100_1528.gif

Step 4
Power on the vantec adapter and then the connectivity kit
100_1530.jpg

100_1531.jpg

Step 5
Eject the drive using the eject button on the connectivity kit and insert the game and close using the same eject button on the connectivity kit
100_1532.gif

100_1533.jpg

Step 6
Connect the vantecs usb cable to your laptop
100_1534.gif

Step 7
You are now ready to read the game and backup it to your laptop.
Open Xbox backup creator
From the drop down menu in xbc select the xbox 360 drive you are using
media1.png

This will ready the program for reading/ripping the game to your laptop.
Select complete backup.
Now just click on start, the program is pretty much setup that you do not need to change any settings.
image3.png

After approx 20 mins the game will be backed up to your laptop
imagelast.png

You now need to run it through abgx360
Once this is completed and everything is in the green you will have a full proper image of your game with SSV2 as standard unlike Kreon rips.
imageabgxstart.png

imagedone.png

I purchased the vantec ide/sata adapter from ebay for roughly 20euro
ck3 connectivity kit from ck3.co.uk
Xbox 360 drives can be purchased from same site and many other places on the web, i would go for a reliable supplier.
Any questions please ask and thanks for looking :)
Finally the iso of my backup looks like a winrar file, this may vary depending on settings used by your computer e.g. it may look like a disc if you have the likes of ultra iso installed ;)

pps, ignore dates on pics, i just did this today but never set the date on the camera :doh:

Last edited:
Another great reason to be at TechKings, excellent tutorial axxxo, easy peesy to follow.

ok to complicated for me but i get the gist of what to do excellent tutorial with pix to help Well done Axxxo!

Thanks Linny.
Haha, Video is in the making wheelo, the one i did and converted came out well but im not happy with it so im gonna do another one again lol

Hi, new here, been looking for a way to make back ups of my games, my xbox has been flashed/modded to the latest firmware and i can play back up games, but i want to make back ups of the original games that i have like Final fantasy XIII which i bought new ;-; and um it seems to b getting quite the use as of lately...lol. but i dont have all of this, is there any other way for it to be done? if so please tell me what programs i may need, if not possible i appreciate you looking at my post anyway! ;/

You could get an external samsung drive that can be flashed with kreon firmware to use but 0800 firmware is the way to go these days.

There are a few types of samsung drives and pioneer i think that can be flashed with kreon which will enable you to read the xbox games with the above mentioned program.

As far as i know they are being sold on ebay but you can just email the seller and ask can he/she have it flashed for you as they are not allowed to advertise it.

you then need a dual layer burner to burn the backups and use verbatim dvd+r dl discs for the burns.

As SSV2 is a must as we are told, 0800 creates this whereas kreon doesnt. You then need to patch the game with ssv2 files through abgx360 which is sort of pointless to do this with your original backup as it will kind of make it just as everyone else's if you know what i mean.

Hope this helps.

Great stuff!

I have a couple of questions for you :)

Is CK3 Pro what you would recommend? Or will CK3 Lite accomplish the task?

Is there another trusted website you recommend to find the CK3 Connectivity Kit? The Euro website you listed will not ship to the U.S.

My XBox 360 hasn't been touched. I would assume it has to be flashed in order to play the copies as well?

Is there a tutorial somewhere that will walk me through how to flash the Xbox drive(s)?

Thanks!

Have you flashed the drive yourself or has someone else done it for you?
You can purchase a drive pre flashed with kreon firmware from ebay, it wont be advertised as flashed with kreon as its illegal :) but you can ask the seller if it has been.
You just hook it up to your pc and use it that way.
Kreon however is said to do bad rips as SSV2 is needed for safe stealth for online play.This is where 0800 firmware takes over.
You can also just buy a spare xbox drive and flash it with the 0800 firmware so you dont have to open your 360 all the time which is what i do.
Any idea what firmware your using at the moment?
If someone else has flashed your drive for you get onto them straight away and ask them for your original firmware!!! MOST important that you keep that at all times!!!
Heres a list of drives that can be/have been flashed with kreon
SH-D162C (IDE)

SH-D163A (SATA)

SH-D162D (IDE)

SH-D163B (SATA)
If you do play online make sure you run all iso's through abgx first and if you do use kreon then make sure they are patched with ssv2 !

Back