BBC2HD H2H

NUT

Just wondering anyone having horrendous problems with BBC2HD? Been ongiing for quite some time now. 101 so forth works ok but 102HD barely works and on my box anyway it has the EPG info...........for Channel 5

Just wondering anyone having horrendous problems with BBC2HD? Been ongiing for quite some time now. 101 so forth works ok but 102HD barely works and on my box anyway it has the EPG info...........for Channel 5
Go to service searching>manual scan, change 'predefined frequency' to 'complete' by using right arrow, then scan.
Afterwards, go to ABM>update provider files, then scan to create he bouquet sections

To get a new epg with all correct data, press green>epgimporter>press blue>choose Rytec UK sat/virgin press ok
make sure theres green ticks in the six categories that open up underneath.
press green to save, then press yellow to download

What frequency is BBC2 HD? Are other services OK on that frequency?

You have not mentioned how you are obtaining EPG. If you are using EPG importer, the changed service reference needs to be reported to Doglover on another forum. There is thread for Virgin UK.

Sorry just seen these replies. I do use woosh infinity if that's any use (that does have ABM in it) I'll relook at the BBC2 tomorrow (although sure other BBC2'S are having the same issue may be wrong)

OK to update. It appears that 102 BBC2HD is working again (got the EPG issues which i'll go into the thread that was suggested and ask about that) although would seem it might be working again due to BBC Scotland launching (in the uddingstton area with my H2H) would need to see what happens regards with that when Scotland launches but one problem fixed although might be linked (the SNR on the 102 I have at the moment is 73 percent same as the BBC2HD I was having trouble with

Just seen this. I'm in the Uddingston ned id area too and my BBC2 HD goes on and off sporadically and also has the Channel 5 EPG. I'm using Wooshbuild infinity at the minute and use EPG Importer. SNR is in the low 90s.

The only thing I can really add is my oscam log states "not found" and "timeout" when it happens.

Just seen this. I'm in the Uddingston ned id area too and my BBC2 HD goes on and off sporadically and also has the Channel 5 EPG. I'm using Wooshbuild infinity at the minute and use EPG Importer. SNR is in the low 90s.

The only thing I can really add is my oscam log states "not found" and "timeout" when it happens.

Best to have a good read on this thread as all the answers are there for you :(y):

Try scanning for channels in service searching, change predefined transponder to complete as the transponder do change.
Then run ABM, update provider files first

Thanks guys I had already tried the suggested solution before I posted. I did notice last night shortly after midnight the epg suddenly corrected itself. I wonder if the recent changes to bbc2 are still being implemented in the background in my region?

I have done the scans as suggested (the provider files didn't need updating) although BBC2 is working at the moment suspect it won't last (and BBC Scotland barely working) wonder if I need a stronger cable or something. Everything else is fine (it's a connector I got when I got a free tivo box from virgin directly)

NUT, exact same prob in the Edinburgh re BBC2 HD and the epg hybrid of beeb2 and Channel 5 HD. Also I am getting no picture after running a new scan which found two new BBC Scotland HD Channels.
I have tried:-
unticking in EPG Importer 'UK/Ireland - FTA (xz)' and leaving the rest of 'Rytec UK Sat/Virgin' ticked which results in sorting the epg for BBC2 HD but this loses STV HD's epg
unticking 'UK/Ireland - Freesat (xz)' which loads STV HD alright but the BBC2 HD epg is still mixed up with Channel 5 HD
downloading the 'Jenseneverest UK SAT/Cable' from another thread on Techkings and unticked all of Rytecs which sorted the epg for BBC2 HD but it had no epg for STV HD

I am about to try a few other things just now and will post here if I have any joy; if not I will wait until some kind gent who is a lot more clued up than me puts STV HD on Jenseneverest (if anyone can do this it would be greatly appreciated :)).

Cheers

Al good (for now anyway).
I followed Pabloescaban's great advice (many thanks Pabloescan your guidance and knowledge that I have followed many many times; it is greatly appreciated) I then ticked in EPG Importer only one box in 'Rytec General XMLTV (xz) and every box in 'Rytec UK Sat/Virgin (xz)' apart from 'UK/Ireland FreeSat (xz)'.
Hope this works for you.
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple of things I want to check.

When I do a complete scan I get zero channels. Is that expected?

Should I delete all bouquets before scanning abm?

I'm still getting the hybrid epg too.

BBC 2 is clearing for now. Looking at my oscam log he ecm timings seem much better at below 1000ms (timeout is set at 4000ms in my config file). Anyone who knows oscam is that decent?

A twist. Seems Both the BBC'S are working fully now (Not sure if it's because I done the scan..............)? I'll keep watching (OK the EPG still wrong) but the channels are working it's a start

I'm using Rytec in Edinburgh and the EPG is fine. The BBC HD channels that are mentioned on this thread which appear to work sporadically is most likely down to line provider, as I had similar issues until switching providers. In my opinion this is a cache problem as I tested many providers who I KNOW are using cache and the problems were still there. I then managed to find a provider who DOESN'T use cache and who has local cards, and all the above mentioned channels clear with absolutely NO issues whatsoever.

Agree with Ian. In Edinburgh using signal stream and channels and epg are fine.

There was issues a few weeks back but they appeared to be down to vm moving channels.

I've requested the service references are updated by Doglover on his forum. These include BBC 2 HD, BBC Scotland HD and E4 which is what I've noticed so far.

I also worked out the reason I had a hybrid EPG was because I had multiple EPG sources selected in EPG settings (i.e. Enable EIT EPG was set to yes) and this is what was causing the problem. The EIT data was the correct info as it is embedded in the stream (as I understand it).

The channels are more stable and I agree with others it seems to be related to the use of a cache server.

Hope this helps someone else.

Back