Blade 7000 Combo VM setup

Hi guys! I've had my blade media bm7000 combo for about two weeks got it all up and running. I noticed a few channels were missing so started manual search got most of the channels I wanted, exited the menu page and the box has crashed or frozen won't come of or change channels or allow me to go into any menus!. I've tried turning it off for 20 minutes taken all cables etc out. Then put them all back in and still it frozen! Any help would be great!!!! Thanks again guys!!!

Last edited:
To reset the box to its factory default state do the following: With the box turned off hold the MENU button down on the front panel. Power the box up while still holding the menu button down. You will now see the Engineer Boot Menu. Select Option 3 to perform a factory reset on the box. This will erase all user settings on the box and return it to its factory state, take a note of your server info.
Reboot box after doing each individual manual scan, or just do a blind scan.

Hi guys new to this.. I've got a blade combo myself, I eventually figured out how to get all channels onto the box from VirMed here in dublin.. small query if I do a Sly channel update via blade online do I lose the VirMed chans I manually scanned into tuner 2?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hi guys new to this.. I've got a blade combo myself, I eventually figured out how to get all channels onto the box from VirMed here in dublin.. small query if I do a Sly channel update via blade online do I lose the VirMed chans I manually scanned into tuner 2?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
hi can yu use you vm and sly at the same time on the combo box did yu try it

Both VM/Sat can be used at the same time with the correct feeds, have a look at making ur own channel list.

This is a old post I did for scanning,
Not unlike Sky in regards to line.
Connect to a live VM feed, Menu - Installation - Channels Search -,
Satellite = Tuner 2, some may show Terrestrial (depends on software)
Scan Mode + Power Scan, a Auto scan is only needed there on unless searching for a new TP. (Power scan searches for TPs then channels)
Frequency No need to touch
Symbol Rate = Telewest 6952 or NTL 6887 This depends on your area unsure check VM sub box, Settings, Tech Stuff, Top shows Net ID that's your area
QAM Size = 64/256, there is vey few TPs that use 64 QAM now
Step = Default is set to 8.0 if TP are missing the step can be lowered.

Press red button to scan from a direct feed, no splitter is advised. like Sky channels are not in order.

Just to make everyone aware , I had box setup for sly and when I selected terrestrial is hung. You need to factory reset then tuner 2 appears

Does anyone have a channel list for bristol?as ive done as said even formatted box and still missing channels.hope its ok to ask.

Does anyone have a channel list for bristol?as ive done as said even formatted box and still missing channels.hope its ok to ask.

Assume u are scanning for VM channels, power scan first, this picks up frequences then channels, direct scan from wall socket (splitter maybe faulty)
What channels are missing.?

Not unlike Sky in regards to line.
Connect to a live VM feed, Menu - Installation - Channels Search -,
Satellite = Tuner 2, some may show Terrestrial (depends on software)
Scan Mode + Power Scan, a Auto scan is only needed there on in unless searching for a new TP.
Frequency No need to touch
Symbol Rate = Telewest 6952 or NTL 6887 This depends on your area unsure check VM sub box, Settings, Tech Stuff, Top shows Net ID that's your area
QAM Size = 64/256, there is vey few TPs that use 64 QAM now
Step = Default is set to 8.0 if TP are missing the step can be lowered.

Press red button to scan from a direct feed, no splitter is advised. like Sky channels are not in order.

Hi,
I am trying to set this up and having problems. My Sky setup used to work fine but as soon as I change the feed from SKY to Cable - I get a LBNF error on the front and also the box freezes. I am not sure what settings to change - but I cant locate a Tuner 2 in Channel Search either. I can only see Sat for Sly and then 0's everywhere else. I have got Mar 2014 patched firmware.

Hi,
I am trying to set this up and having problems. My Sky setup used to work fine but as soon as I change the feed from SKY to Cable - I get a LBNF error on the front and also the box freezes. I am not sure what settings to change - but I cant locate a Tuner 2 in Channel Search either. I can only see Sat for Sly and then 0's everywhere else. I have got Mar 2014 patched firmware.

Sounds like your connecting the VM (cable) line to the Sky connection, both can be connected and used without being disconnected.
The live VM cable connects to the coax next to the Sky F connection at the back of box.

Sounds like your connecting the VM (cable) line to the Sky connection, both can be connected and used without being disconnected.
The live VM cable connects to the coax next to the Sky F connection at the back of box.

Can you advice which port?

Photo of back

I have sky connected onto top F connection. There is bottom one too but I thought that was loop out?
Photo

Njg3YTNjZWJlYWMxZWJiY2FkOGM2MDg1MmNiOWY3Y2L-5zDz6L5W7eEPJnCEypwZaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vYWNiYTUxNThiY2RhZTAxMzU2MTMxZThmMGY4Y2NmZjg3ZDQ0YjhjZmFhMjU5MjExZTNjOWM0NDkyZjc0OWYxYS5qcGd8fHx8fHw3MDB4NTI0fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

BM 8000 (Top), VM cable connect to coax top left, ant in.BM 7000 & 8000 Combo.jpg
BM 7000 (bottom), the VM cable should be connected to the coax top left.tuner 2 imput

I've connected it in the right port for some reason I'm getting Level 70% odd but the quality is max 28%. Im in Wickford Essex, would it be down to my NetID?

Sorry I forgot to add I found a few channels like BBC but I don't get any picture on them.

Changed a few settings and now I have 486 channels but I get no audio/video come up on the screen. Any idea what that could be?

Last edited:
Back