Blank EPG on Sly1, Living and Atlantic

MrShades

Running MTpockets OpenATV image - and the EPG for above channels is showing blank.

If I change go one of those channels then it picks up the now/next info and I can then see it in the EPG for that channel - but nothing past 'next'

I'd guess it's something to do with the recent freq changes for some or all of those channels - but don't really know.

ABM is set to auto-run every day. Do I need to do a full scan and then ABM perchance?

Any help or thoughts appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ABM is set to auto-run every day. Do I need to do a full scan and then ABM perchance?

In a word yes! Also make sure your box is left on or on standby at night with an active internet connection - hopefully the next day the epg will be fully populated again. Let me know how you get on.... Good Luck!

Thanks MT - working on it now. Also added another Sky UK source to the EPG importer (which will hopefully help rather than hinder)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well...

I've done a rescan and manual ABM, and manual and auto XMLTV import (including adding Satmate Sky UK) - and EPG still blank on those channels (Also on Living+1 and Arts I think).

As my box is freshly set up since these channels moved frequencies I have no EPG for them... And I'd guess that everyone else probably has EPG info from before they moved (for+7 days). My assumption would mean that if you currently have EPG data showing for Sly1 and Atlantic today - but if you go forward a day or two then they may become blank, whilst others still have EPG data (so look at data for this coming weekend for example).

Can anyone confirm whether fresh EPG data is being added to their boxes for these channels - or whether my assumption is correct, and since these channels moved actually EPG data isn't bring loaded for anyone? (But others haven't noticed yet as the historic EPG data is still showing)

Thanks for any help

I just had to do a manual ABM scan to bring the channels back up again. But I too have the EPG missing. Have performed a manual scan on CrossEPG, but still same thing.

*Using the VIX Apollo image.

---------- Post Merged at 12:50 PM ----------

To be honest, I've not really bothered too much about this issue.

Tonight I may telnet to box, delete epg.dat and crossepg from the box and see if that works.

Frequency has changed 2/3 to 5/6 so change that and manual scan and bingo you're back in business ..

Last edited:
Hi guys there are blank epg guides all over the shop at the minute,I'm thinking it's got to do with all the sattalite changes we are having,it's a total bummer having just now and next I sure HOPE they get this sorted soon as it's a real pain looking up a TV mag every time to watch aaaaaaaaahhhh ✌️We need an update for our skyboxes LIKE NOW DUDE.

Last edited:
Sorry guys I just realised you're using openatv , I'm using vix and crossepg, had similar probs yesterday but as I say it was simple enough fix hope use get sorted soon..

Just an update for my setup.

All I literally did was manually download data from crossepg and all the data for the previously missing epg guide for Sky 1, etc is now there.

I had previously did the same thing many times but no joy. No idea why it worked today.

Running MTpockets OpenATV image - and the EPG for above channels is showing blank.

If I change go one of those channels then it picks up the now/next info and I can then see it in the EPG for that channel - but nothing past 'next'

I'd guess it's something to do with the recent freq changes for some or all of those channels - but don't really know.

Any help or thoughts appreciated.

Did you find a fix for this as mine is the same been like it 3 days no rescanned bouquets still same

Yes - fixed it last night, courtesy of a post from sucmnsee.

You MUST do an Autoscan first ... and THEN run an AutoBouquets (delete first, then scan).

When the EPG next updated (this morning) they've now been populated properly.

HTH

Sorry Pal - though that was what you'd asked in post1 and I'd replied in post2? Glad you got it fixed though (y)

Yes, sorry mtpockets - I did try it when I suggested (and you confirmed) - but at the time I assumed that the ABM scan would suffice (and didn't actually run a full scan as well) and it didn't seem to make any difference. However, after finding someone else with the same problem and seeing a reply from sucmnsee when he said that the scan made all the difference I ran it again last night - with a scan them ABM and then left it for an EPG update and it's all good...

Anyway, alls well - and as I've not said so before, many many thanks for your openatv image... It's great and works very well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're most welcome, it's nothing too clever and I'm sure you and all on here could do it with sufficient time/reading. The clever work is done by the teams that produce the builds and write the code, not by me so thanks to them!

I'm just having a play with multiboot on an Italysat base build, if I get it all going nicely it will come to Techkings soon (multiboot with an ATV base would have been better IMHO but doesn't seem to work on the Zgemma), Italysat build seems good though.

Back