Blocking noise

andybuk99

Hi all. I got back off holiday and a card was put through our door from an engineer saying that we have interference coming from our house causing problems for other users hence the RPBLOCK card. The engineer came our and fitted a 3db wideband attenuator on the superhub which is before the existing 4db forwardpath equaliser.

I haven't changed anything since ditching their tv service about 9 months ago we just kept the broadband and phone only. I have a Gigablue quad connected with a couple power line adapters installed.

If this was a noise related issue and not a snooping excercise I understand I need to stop it coming from the house and I need something like a "reverse path noise blocker". Any ideas where I can get them? Thanks in advance

U dont want one it was not a noise blocker just screw tight end on of modem if u spliting after he leave make sure ends and just more than hand tight
A noise blocker would make your internet not work till u phn them till its fixed oh take off attenuater if spliting after he left

Last edited:
I was told by someone on another forum that I need a reverse path noise blocker which stops the box sending info back down the line.

Nothing todo with noise it stop it locking on thats only for real virgin boxes tighting ends they dont care what box u got they just cant have noise comming from u as comes from u hits cab and amplify to everyone virgin engineer for about 15 years

Yes tighting ends at box also thats what would be causing noise also take off attenuater u will notice its tight hard to unscrew with hand but not to tight

Last edited:
They dont care they only see noise which if gets to much noise blockers come in and noise can be from many things also i had i guy who had 1 real box 2 chipped wanted another 1 1st guy says need to disco 2 chipped kicked him out i got sent to fit another real one and make sure chipped ones fitted right

Back