Bloody wind...

ste

TK Veteran
After a good few years, looks like my dish has moved out of line. It has lasted well but I think the last lot of bad winds we had did it so guess I'll have to get up the ladder and tinker with it.

I can see the bracket / mount quite clearly from the upstairs window and I can't see anything obvious that's moved and it does still get some signal on some sats / transponders so I'm wondering if maybe it's the arm rather than the dish that has moved a bit as it does have some flex on it - I think I need to put some braces from the dish to the arm to secure it like what you see on the c-band set-ups...

global-skyware-1.2m-channel-master-andrews.png

Mine is a 110cm Triax or Technomate, can't quite remember as it's been on for just over 7 years now. It's USALS.

I'll get up on the ladder when I can and check it out - I thought I might have seen some obvious signs looking through the bedroom window like bare metal or marks where it's moved / slid slightly but nothing. When I get on the ladders, i'll connect my digital sat finder up to the motor so I can test / adjust in real time.

Mine is a 110cm Triax or Technomate, can't quite remember as it's been on for just over 7 years now. It's USALS.

I'll get up on the ladder when I can and check it out - I thought I might have seen some obvious signs looking through the bedroom window like bare metal or marks where it's moved / slid slightly but nothing. When I get on the ladders, i'll connect my digital sat finder up to the motor so I can test / adjust in real time.
Technomate never made 110cm afaik so that's ruled out, triax 110 dish are a pain to adjust up down, luckily yours should only be left or right adjustment.

Technomate never made 110cm afaik so that's ruled out, triax 110 dish are a pain to adjust up down, luckily yours should only be left or right adjustment.
You're right, I just checked and I do indeed have a Triax 110. I think it's done well to last for 7 years without needing any adjustment (until now).

You're right, I just checked and I do indeed have a Triax 110. I think it's done well to last for 7 years without needing any adjustment (until now).
Have you tried resetting the motor sending it to zero to recalibrate ? Or whatever way your receiver does it.

Have you been into the tuner menu on your box providing its e2 and tried nudging it easy or West a little to see if it improves the signal. You can fake east or West a bit.

I don't have an enigma 2 receiver, i'm using an old GT Media box and there is an option to nudge east / west a little but it's very fiddly and seems to move a little too much.

Will have to check the settings to see if I can recalibrate, thanks for suggestions.

My receiver is the original Freesat V8 Golden (Which have now rebranded to GT Media). I've done a bit of messing today with it and not had a whole lot of luck.

The options I have in the settings seem limited. The only satellite I can get some signal on is 28.2e and I think that's obviously because the signal is so strong in England. I did manage to move it manually via settings east a little and it did improve the signal for that satellite but when I try a different satellite, I don't get any signal at all - even after manually moving it via the settings.

My receiver is the original Freesat V8 Golden (Which have now rebranded to GT Media). I've done a bit of messing today with it and not had a whole lot of luck.

The options I have in the settings seem limited. The only satellite I can get some signal on is 28.2e and I think that's obviously because the signal is so strong in England. I did manage to move it manually via settings east a little and it did improve the signal for that satellite but when I try a different satellite, I don't get any signal at all - even after manually moving it via the settings.
Check usals are correct still

Yeah I will although unlikely as it's been fine for 7 years, nothing near it to snag or deteriorate and it's high quality Webro cable. No harm in checking though is there.

Back