Bootlogo.jpg

Hi Guys,

I have been flashing from openvix to openatv

Does anyone know how to change the the very first initial bootlogo, all the other bootlogos i have changed and they are all fine.
44.png
I have read that you need to do the following

Telnet to your box and then issue the following line to mount /boot

mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock2 /boot

If you`re gonna create your own customized bootlogo, make sure your jpeg dimension is 1280/720 res 72, ftp / overwrite the original at:
/boot/bootlogo.jpg

Problem is when i run this mount command it says it doesn't exist
When i use filezilla to ftp to my box even before i try and run any commands i can see a /boot folder but it has nothing in it, i copy a new bootlogo.jpg to that location and change the permissions to 755 but it still doesn't work

Anyone have any suggestions as this is bugging me as this openatv bootlogo is staying even after an image flash back to openvix, so i just want to put a generic one in its place

Rob

Hi Bangord,

Ive done all the .mvi logos and they are all working fine with my custom screens its the very initial screen im having trouble with, i can find very little documentation on it,
looking at the link you sent me, i think its the splash.bin that kiddac mentions is the one i need to change

The splash.bin is part of the bootloader and you'd have to relash. I'd live with it mate and just change the others via the app.

Kiddac has replied to the other thread, and shared another link and explains what i need to do, i cant leave it as its annoying the crap out of me, just the way i am each to there own i guess

Thanks for your help anyway, think ive found the solution

Download xorion logomatic. For your first boot image place your image in the first box then your main image in the next 2 boxes. Convert to mvi then send to box. Job done

This isn't the screen he means mate.

When the front panel on your box says BOOT when you first turn it on, or restart it, it counts to 11 (in my case) and then the images xorion logomatic creates gets shown. It is the BOOT and up to 14 he wants to change. Most people have a black screen while BOOT is showing and this is where the confusion lies. Another big cause of the problem is that there is no universal name for the screen. Boot screen, boot logo, splash screen? Which one is which.

When I talk about the BOOT screen I always use capitals as that is what is shown on the front display the image file is called splash.bin. I think I then call the rest boot screens or boot logos.

I am just uploading a sad video of my box booting.

[video]https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwt-fajTjTRkRFE2WnJ0bWFJYWM[/video]

So it is my dark WooshBuild screen smith_rob wants to change and no the comfy chair screen.

I have asked Kidda C to take a look as he is the one I learned from.

Without hijacking this thread, trying to act like a mod or being out to P anyone off, please can we just use the one thread so we don't miss anything?

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/95653-boot-logo-help.html

Last edited:
Back