Box boots upto 75 then no signal on TV

nizpatel

Hi guys. Need some help.

I have a Zgemma H5. TV is a Sony Bravia 4k. When connected via HDMI the box loads upto 75 then loses signal on the TV. When connected via RCA it works fine. I suspected the TV may be faulty but the board was replaced by Sony under warranty and still the same issue. I tried another box and which worked fine on another TV but then did the same thing on the Sony.

Is there something which is tripping the box? Any help will be appreciated.

Have you tried a different HDMI lead? Different HDMI socket on the TV? Different TV altogether?

Yes. Tried a better HDMI lead, different port and a different TV. Still the same issue. Box loads to 75 then loses signal.

Sorry please can you explain further?

The video settings in the are

HDMI
Automatic Resolution disabled
1080i

If there is no picture on the tv you can access the menu on the box using opewebif.
Just type the IP address of your box into a browser window on your PC and hit enter.
You can use the virtual remote control to access the menus.
Try dropping down to 720p

Ah yes I've tried that. The box works via RCA so I did change the resolution to 720p then tried connecting via HDMI but still no luck

try a different hdmi port on the tv and then try something else in the existing hdmi to rule out the tv.
Then try plugging the receiver into a different tv.

Tried all the ports, tried a PS4 which works. Tried the box in another TV but it doesn't work, only works via RCA.

I ordered a new box, set it up elsewhere plugged it into the Sony and no signal after 75.

If the box doesn't work on another TV with a different HDMI lead and it's set at 720p then it sounds like the HDMI port on the box is faulty.

So both TV's work with a PS4 so they're okay.
You've tried different leads and still not working.
2 different E2 boxes with the same problem.
They both work with composite connection.
The only thing that I can think of is that the HDMI ports on the boxes are faulty.
Have you been unplugging/plugging the HDMI while they're switched on?

But the new box was working elsewhere and then I faced the same issue when connected to the Sony and to another TV in the house.

And no, I make sure everything is switched off prior to plugging

Back