Box wont connect to internet

makido

VIP Member
Help guys cos this is starting to my head in now. After a engineer came out I cant get the box to connect, originally set up via plugs that wont work, have tried Ethernet cable thinking it was the plugs.
Rebooted both internet and box god knows how many times. strange thing wifi works, am I missing something obvious or what. Can the settings of been changed somehow, hes on sly internet if that helps

Go into menu/setup/system/network/device setup and try network test to see what results come up.
You can then try restart network and network wizard to connect if there is a problem showing.

Hey, if the wifi is on it probably means that the lan has been disabled as you can only have one adapter active. Remove your wifi dongle then go to Menu > Setup > System > Network > Device Setup > Network Wizard and see if you can reconnect the lan.

I have had the same happen to me however this was due to me mucking about with the settings! I had to restore it to version 4 but now the gift is not working, which i think is a problem with the provider

I have had the same happen to me however this was due to me mucking about with the settings! I had to restore it to version 4 but now the gift is not working, which i think is a problem with the provider
If you reflash it's wipes your line. Will need to re-enter

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Meatball yeah done all that, i looked on my other box & that is not working to so guess its to do with the supplier.

Thanks for the reply

Cheers guys going back up in bit taking my laptop with me, So will be easier with you to help, cos I havent got a clue

Ran network test says cross on local network, no ip address or server, rest are ticked. Gate crashed his neighbors to try in theirs all worked, even tried backup from mine in case it was the box settings or sumats. So think hes going to have to ring them and ask why his dodgy box wont work lol

Ran network test says cross on local network, no ip address or server, rest are ticked. Gate crashed his neighbors to try in theirs all worked, even tried backup from mine in case it was the box settings or sumats. So think hes going to have to ring them and ask why his dodgy box wont work lol
Hes rang sly their saying its the router and here comes catch 22 hes not in contract, so gotta buy one, after arguing with them he says it was shite before yesterday but at least it worked so how can it be the router. So their sending another engineer out on 12 or 13th of December cant remember what he said. So my question is, is it the router cos if so might be able to borrow one and try it, but dont want it to blag my head like it did yesterday, cos ive proved its not the box so that kinda makes it not my problem :)

Back