Broadband Iptv

ryan7

Currently with sly broadband and it keeps stopping.
What's the best broadband out there for iptv?

Any broadband is fine, I'm with Sly and have no problems.

What is stopping the IPTV or the broadband?

Can you explain in more detail If your broadband keeps stopping as you put it then ring sky there maybe a fault on your line now if your on about iptv that could be your supplier or not enough upload and download speed to run the iptv what speeds are you actually getting

Currently with sly broadband and it keeps stopping.
What's the best broadband out there for iptv?
What type of device are you using to run IPTV? I am also a Sly broadband user and have no bother. If it is a Android based device try setting up a static IP.

Same no bother here either, maybe admin should look into adding rule about stating device used when asking for help.
They could but that could just be put down to people to using a little bit of common sense as problems would get solved/helped with 100% quicker

Even with not having fibre depending on what Meg broadband speed you get you can stream sd channels only struggle I found when not having fibre everyone on network at same time plus iptv used to lag

Even with not having fibre depending on what Meg broadband speed you get you can stream sd channels only struggle I found when not having fibre everyone on network at same time plus iptv used to lag

Funnily enough I tested a bitrate viewer to see how much data IPTV uses and here were the results:
Most channels upto 720p ar between 1 and 4 megabit
Full HD 1080p ( not upscaled ) - was around 3 to 7 megabit

So ideally you need 10megabit minimum

Last edited:
Funnily enough I tested a bitrate viewer to see how much data IPTV uses and here were the results:
Most channels upto 720p ar between 1 and 4 megabit
Full HD 1080p ( not upscaled ) - was around 3 to 7 megabit
Nice findings but I have found things can struggle when dropping below 15mbs but your posting proves that a none fibre connection should be capable of running IPTV providing nothing else in the household is connected to Internet.

Glad to be of assistance.
If one of you guys who has sky BB you could share the router homepage so the OP can tell us his sync speed

Let's just presume Ryan didn't really want to know? Almost 12 hours since his question was answered

Back